FOREWORD

I started writing some of the scenes three years ago... on my birthday... and on a plane on my way back to Cebu. Kalilibing lang ni Lola and in ten days, deathanniversary naman ni Papang ang alalahanin namin. A lot as happened on my birth month. 

Wala akong planong tapusin ito sa totoo lang. Ang goal ko lang talaga habang sinusulat ang mga eksena ay ang maipalabas ko yung bigat sa dibdib ko. Everytime na nalulungkot ako, nadadagdagan na nadadagdagan ang mga eksena. And before I knew it, humaba na siya. It has been three years already pero hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko pa ito tapos. But I wanted to finish this - for Lola, for Papang and for Mamang. 

To Papang, it has been twenty-eight years. And yet, paminsan-minsan, naluluha pa din ako (o naiiyak) every time something or someone reminds me of you.

To my dearest Lola, thank you for raising us and taking care of us. For being the best sidekick of Mamang when Papang left us. Thank you for being our "forever kampi."

I guess they're right. Missing both of you isthe heartache that never goes away.  

And of course, to my Mamang. Sa dami ng drama moments natin, alam mo na ang gusto kong sabihin. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is for you and to all the single Moms out there. Mabuhay kayo!

PS: Now that you know that this is somewhat personal to me, hindi na siguro kayo magugulat if i told you na yung setting ng novel na to ay based sa hometown ko. And yes, based on my childhood experience. :)