Chapter 8: Cygnus

⚠️ Insanity

Cygnus sat across his three daughters. Bellatrix was a clever little witch of eight. She was eyeing her father with admiration as he spoke. The other two girls were seated with their mother near by. 

"So? Did you get it girls?" Cygnus asked "What is the thing that make us different?" 

"We're purebloods. Blacks, one of the best pureblood families in the world" Bella answered 

"The best family actually" he smiled "Good job Bella. Looks like you learn fast" 

Bella smiled pleased with herself. Andromeda and Narcissa seemed like they weren't paying attention. 

"Girls" Cygnus protested "You're not even paying attention" he was starting to get mad.

"Cygnus, they are just girls" Druella commented.

"Girls or not. I don't want them to be stupid" 

"Yes don't be stupid" Bellatrix repeated to her sisters.

"Now" Cygnus continued "We are visiting Auntie Walburga and I want you to behave properly. Is that clear?" 

"Yes father" the three girls repeated almost instantly. 

Cygnus smiled. 

Cygnus' plan was to intimidate Orion. Now every Black was talking about the child to come. It was an scandal. But all the family agreed the new kid was going to be the pride of the Black Family. Cygnus was slightly jelaous. Orion didn't deserve all the attention. He did. Cygnus was the best Black of his generation. He did everything. He married a pureblood witch, he had three well educated girls and he preached and practiced the family motto: 'Toujours Pur', Always Pure. He detested mudbloods and bloodtraitors. And he fought everyday so that the Ministry segregate Purebloods from the rest scum.

Cygnus was going to do everything to be the number one. And whoever contraticted him was going to pay. 

                                    (..........)

Cygnus stepped into his former parents house. When he and his siblings grew up. Cygnus couldn't believe bloody Orion got this house. It was supposed to be his. Druella and the girls entered behind him. 

"Well Orion, I can surely tell you, you made this place something..." he made a disgusted expression ". ..lovely" 

"I'm glad you like it Cygnus" Orion smirked. He was surely making fun of him. 

"Hello Druella" Orion said kissing her hand. Cygnus was fuming. How dare he touch his wife? 

Druella smiled politely. Cygnus coughed. And Druella's smiled disappeared. She stepped away from Orion. Cygnus fought not to kill Orion now and then. 

"Hello girls" Orion smiled looking at Cygnus' daughters. The girls seemed scared. Their father had told them how horrible Orion was as a child "I'm pretty sure you want to meet your new cousin" 

A chubby bird came into the room with a baby on her arms. 

"This is Sirius" 

The girls were inmediately fascinated by him.

"Aaawww!"

Narcissa giggled. 

"Can I hold him?" Andromeda asked

"If you promise not to drop him" Orion sounded threatening. 

"And who is that?" Cygnus said tired of being clearly ignored.