4. rainbows in my mind

The shower running.
Hot water turned to cold.
The shampoo bottles dropping to the floor.
Spits chortling from the showerhead.
Heavy thuds from the other room.
Silence.
Salty tears mixing with lukewarm water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 knocks on the door woke you up from your sleep.

2 for each triplet. But one would always go for seconds.

"Miss (L/N)?" one voice said, quiet in tone and shaking.

"There's a message for you!" the other replied, bouncy and dreamy.

"Open up. It's urgent." said the third, as she added another knock to the 7 already placed.

Slipping on a dressing gown, you stalked through the door to meet the triplets.

Christina, Chi and Chayo, the twins of the Rubati and the East.

The triplets all had the same stand, and yet each had a different purpose.

Christina's [R H I N E S T O N E E Y E S] had the ability to change the state of an object. She had full manipulation of the substance anyone and anything was made of- for all that anyone could know, she was capable of turning someone's own heart into the sand, for God's sake. And yet soft Christina used her ability to create the glass sculptures the Rubati was so famous for.
A few years before, the hotel had ended up in a lawsuit with an old mother who had recognised one of such statues as the spitting image of her lost son. Unfortunately, the woman lost.
Poor old Signora Mara. And poor young Gianni.

Chi's [S P A C E O D D I T Y] could create anything from thin air, whether it was a rabbit or a mountain. The young girl's potential was too high for her own good- her stand was capable of creating bombs, guns and knives galore- and yet she spent her days creating small animals to lose herself to as she would mutter under her breath and tremble.

No-one really knew why she was in such a fragile state, and no one wanted to know anyway.

Finally, Chayo's [H A Y L O F T] had the ability to destroy anything, living or not. For once, she was capable to live up to her stand's purpose- it was this that got her in trouble. Rumours had it that she was responsible for the death of the twins' own father after he lashed out upon Chi. Chayo always glared at anyone who brought up the topic, while Chi simply whimpered and pulled a kitten closer to her breast.
Christina merely brushed away the topic.

Together, they were a trio. Just not a good one.

"Ok, girls, what is it?"

"Don Giovanna wants you to meet him."

Oh, God.

————————————

Knocking on the door and straightening up your back, you walked into the room you two were scheduled to meet at.

I'm the owner of this goddamn hotel! Why the hell should I have to do this? you thought as you walked in upon a faint 'come in'.

"Giorno? Is there anything I could do for you?" you asked, putting one hand over the other.

"Actually, yes," he said, before handing you a picture of a... turtle?