Chapter 8

-Dream-
I walked into Nick's, and now George's apartment. The first thing I noticed was George. He was sitting on the floor in the kitchen, crying and bl**ding.

My feet couldn't move. I wanted to run up to him and hug him. He did that to himself. Nick ran over to him so I followed. Nick told me to go to the bathroom and get bandages for his arm, so I did.

When I came back I was unsure what to do but nick backed up so I took that as my cue to wrap him up. I got on my knees and slowly grabbed his arm. I can't beileve my first time touching my best friend is happening like this. He flinched a bit when I touched his arm. I wondered if he knew it was me.

I carefully wrapped his arm up and before I knew it we were on the couch, all three of us crying as George explained. He said he used to struggle with s*lf h*rm but stopped until he got a text from that asshole saying his cat was gone. He loved that cat. I truly felt sorry for him.

Once he figured out it was me he couldn't even look me in my eyes. Nick, being upset, got up and went to his room. I didn't know what to do but the last time I said I'd hug him. So I got up and went over to him. I put my arm around him and laid my head on his shoulder. I knew I had to do something besides this. I had to get his cat back. After about 10 minutes of me having my arm around him I figured I should stop. I sat up.

"George you should take a nap, you need to get your shit-er-stuff together and get some rest." He nodded and got up. Taking one last look at me, he smiled weakly. I smiled back but I wished he was actually happy.

About 30 minutes later I went into his room. He was peacefully asleep. I grabbed his phone, his background being me and his Minecraft characters standing together. I remember him taking that picture. I smiled slightly. Then went to his contacts. I clicked on Jason's and wrote it down on my own phone.

    ~Unknown Number~
Clay- Hey, I heard you had a cat for sale?

Unknown- Yah, interested?

I was relieved, I didn't think this would actually go this well.

Clay- yeah, your sending it, correct?

Unknown- yah I need to get rid of the stupid shit

I rolled my eyes. Your the stupid shit idiot.

Clay- Okay send it to **** ******* ******

Unknown- Alright it should be there in a few days.

Good. It better be. George needs to feel better and that cat is the only thing that can help him. It sucks that the first we meet is like this, but I'm glad that now I know he struggles with shit. I'll help him anyway I can. I looked over at the sleeping boy. So beautiful and peaceful. I'm glad he's resting, I don't want him to be stressed.

I leave the room, quietly shutting the door. I go and knock on Nick's door. He doesn't say anything so I welcome myself inside. He's sitting in his chair hands over his face. I walk over to him and place a hand on his shoulder.

He looks up at me and says "I can't believe I didn't know he was struggling, he lives with
me for fucks sake!"

I sigh and say "You didn't know because he didn't want you to know, he hid it from everybody. He should have told us but we can't do anything about it now." He nods. I continue "I told him to take a nap. I stole Jason's number out of my phone." He widens his eyes.

"You have Jason's number, why?" I hear the confusion in his voice.

"I messaged him," I continue, "telling him I wanted to buy his cat. He's sending it over now." Nick smiles.

"He's gonna be so happy, I can't believe what happened, I'm so sorry that your first time seeing him ended up like this." He sighed.

I nod, "Yeah, but at least now I can be here to comfort him, before I couldn't but now I can wrap my arms around him whenever I want." I smile at the thought.

After a few minutes of conversation I ask Nick "Where am I gonna sleep?" He shrugged.

"I haven't thought about it, couch I guess." He paused, smirking at me, "Or you could sleep with George."

My eyes widen, did he seriously just say that? "Uh... Couch it is." And with that being said, I go to sleep.