I love you -10xreader

The TARDIS slowed to a gentle hum. The Doctor walked away from the console and over to the doors. He opened the doors and looked out to the view. The stars were his new calming place after meeting y/n. She could sit there in the door frame, legs swinging, watching the stars burn for hours. The Doctor sat down and sighed.

"What's up spaceman?" Y/n asked coming closer. She held two mugs in her hand. "Here. I made you a tea, it's hot." He twisted his body as she bent down to pass him one of the mugs. He reached out gently, taking the hot mug from her hands whilst she sat to join him. The Doctor looked over at y/n. He frowned at the cut on her forehead remembering the day's events.

"Maybe I should take you home." He confessed, looking  back out to the stars.

"What? No, you can't. I'm fine." Y/n replied.

"It's too dangerous."

"I'm fine." She sharply told him. He furrowed his brow and looked back at her. He studied her face. Her eyes always showed so much emotion. She was angry, he could see. He had to tell the truth. He couldn't lose her, she meant too much to him but he was afraid she wouldn't understand, she wouldn't feel the same. He didn't want to take her home. The Doctor wanted y/n by his side forever. After their time travelling together, he had fallen in love. She was funny, always making him laugh. She always loved a good 'dad' joke as she described it.

"Y/n..." He paused. She softened her features, looking less angry. "I can't lose you. And today, well it was too close." He explained. He felt his eyes begin to water. Don't cry. He told himself.

"Doctor,"

"Y/n, please. I know you might not understand but I need you safe." He interrupted. She put her mug on the floor just behind them. She took the mug from his hand and placed it next to hets. Her eyes flickered quickly reading his facial expressions before leaning over and wrapping her arms around his neck giving him the tightest hug. Her face buried into the crook his neck whilst he pulled her closer to him wrapping his arms around her waist.

"It was so scary without you. I was so scared." She mumbled into his neck. He closed his eyes and rested his head against the top of hers as he felt a tear leave his eye.

"I know. I know y/n. I have you now though, you are safe." He reassured. "I love you." He almost silently whispered before giving her a kiss on the top her head. She pulled away and looked up at him.

"Say that again." She whispered. They looked into each other's eyes.

"I love you." He mumbled. She smiled slightly moving closer to him. Hearts began racing as they slowly moved the faces closer together. With a few inches between each other, she smiled.

"Spaceman, I love you back." She said and closed the gap between them, kissing his lips gently. He kissed back, slowly, savouring the moment. He pulled away. "The safest place for me Doctor, is right here next to you." He grinned knowing she was right. She was the safest right next to him. They both moved to look out to the stars and he rested an arm over her shoulder.