Chapter 1 Part 1:Cant Shoot

It was just another mission in bind and Sage had just healed Jett. It was a tough fight but they managed to go far enough. "Jett, Omen" Sage non-verbally signaled Jett as she noticed omen from the corner of her eyes. Jett reloads her gun preparing to shoot. It was a bloody sight but Jett managed to shoot Omen now it's just Reyna from the attackers.

"I'll go to A, lets finish this mission already. " Jett said getting her gun ready. Sage looked at her intensely with worried eyes. She couldn't rest herself with Jett being all alone in the other site even though she knew she was a great duelist, she wasn't an immortal. She felt annoyed by her impatience but she knew she couldn't stop her from doing so, she's just that hard-headed. And now isn't the time for her to nag her about being impatient.

"Be careful.." Sage said before Jett could leave her side with her heart racing being more worried about Jett's safety than hers. The white haired girl held her hand tightly before she goes and looked at her eyes. One look from her and it was enough for Sage to have mixed feelings. Looking at her eyes made her a little less anxious and just for a split second both of them felt safe in each other's warmth.

"You too" Jett said softly before rushing to A, leaving Sage in cite B guarding the spike.

'Jett please be careful...'

Sage thought guarding the spike with nervousness. She puts up a wall in B window. She hides behind the green boxes taking small peeks every now and then. Footsteps could be heard from a distance before disappearing into silence.

15 seconds left

Sage took a small peek and a glanced at Reyna who at the Garden. She shoots a slow orb at the garden while Reyna blinds. Jett heard through the walky-talky that Sage had spotted the enemy. "On my way" Jett said immediately rushing back to site B with her gun on her hands.

Reyna gets the spike while Sage was blinded. Luckily Sage had hidden behind the metal box. "Sage? Where are you?" Reyna boldy said with a sinister smile printed on her face; searching for her going to behind the metal box while Sage quietly goes to the elbow. It was scary how her giggle sounded so devilish. Sage gulped quietly hearing the giggle, trying her best to not make any noise. "Come out wherever you are... Do you even know how much I miss you?" She chuckled once again before silence took over. Sage had to keep herself calm no matter how much she was irritated at her.

Reyna taunted to plant the spike and just as Sage thought she was already planting she had her gun held towards her. "So thats where you're hiding" Reyna smirks at her. Sage looks at her frowning; Reyna outsmarted her once again. "Why aren't you shooting me yet? " Sage asked letting her know she's not afraid to die. "HEY B*TCH, BEHIND YOU D*MBASS" Jett shouted with firmness in her voice, she was angry. This made Reyna to look behind and shoot immediately. Jett swifts on her side dodging the bullets that are fastly piercing. The timer is almost finished and Reyna was silently looking for Jett leaving Sage unattended.

Alarmed, she runs towards Reyna with no hesitation. And just in time when Reyna looked behind her, Sage punched her on the jaw as hard as she can, making the woman wince and hiss a bit in pain. "That actually kinda hurts" Reyna said grabbing her jaw in pain with a small smirk plastered on her face, not expecting such a strong punch from the gentle Sage in the opposing team.

Defenders Win

The time had run out and Sage, Jett, Cypher, Brimstone and Pheonix had won this mission. Jett suddenly rushed beside Sage rejoicing the successful misson with pure joy both lingering in their eyes. She looks at Reyna whose still alive and well then frowned at her before shooting a glare at Sage. "You didn't kill her?" Jett directly asks Sage with her eyebrows knitted; you can clearly see how confused she was. Sage didn't know what to reply, she gulps in response.

Sage had no answer for the question she was asked but in her thoughts, there was a bigger question that she was more confused about. Instead of asking why she didn't shoot her, she asked herself why didn't exactly Reyna pulled the trigger on her. It was no use since she couldn't answer the question she was asked. Sage couldn't answer Jett so she just walked away avoiding the conversation, leaving Jett hanging there for a while still confused. Jett soon follows her after giving Reyna a middle finger.

They soon went back to their place in victory.

"How's Brimstone, Pheonix and Cypher?"

"They're healing and being treated" Sage replied with a relieved tone in her voice. Jett lets out a sigh also relieved that they're safe.

Meanwhile on Attackers side...

"How's Omen and the others?" Reyna asked sighing in disappointment she had brought upon herself. She does not want to let the same thing happen ever again. "They're okay, being treated at the moment" Viper replied at Reyna with her arms crossed while she was leaning into the kitchen counter.

Why didn't I just shoot her?

"Reyna, I heard you didn't shoot Sage this mission why is that?" Omen said in a groggy voice after just waking up. Reyna grabbed her jaw, caressing it.

"I DONT KNOW! WHY DON'T YOU SHOOT HER?!" Reyna shouted slamming her hand on the table frustrated. She was always like this, so strong, harsh, cruel and mean, everyone feared her. Omen silenced while Viper glared at Omen not wanting to get involved. Reyna stood up from the couch and waked away to get some fresh air. "Sage and her stupid girlfriend or whatever Jett is" Reyna scoffed remembering what that white haired girl called her.

Reyna goes back inside after a while, meeting eyes with Omen. "Reyna I apologize-" Reyna cuts off Omen.

"If you could do me a favor Omen, gather information about 'Jett' that white haired b*tch who shot you..." Omen just nodded and gulped highly intimidated by Reyna. Little do they know that Viper over heard the conversation. But she didn't mean to eavesdrop, still she was greatly confused on what exactly was going on with the two of them and Jett.

It was a secret agenda between Omen and Reyna.

Back to Defenders side...

"Sage why didn't you shoot Reyna in that mission?" Jett asked the question she had been wanting Sage to answer.

"She pointed her gun at you! What if I wasn't there? Would you be shot? WOULD YOU BE DEAD? " The white haired woman looks at her with jer eyes full of worry and her hands soon grasp Sage's clothing.

"But I'm okay! Im alive!" Sage chuckled at Jett brightly holding her trembling hands. "I'll shoot her for sure in the next mission plus I punched her hard earlier!" Sage said mimicking how she punched Reyna to the air. Jett sighs and giggles at Sage's silliness. While Sage is just glad to see Jett smiling again.

"Guys- ew romantic affection.." Killjoy said pretending to gag. "Shut up!" Jett shouted throwing a knife at KJ. "HEY THAT COULD KILL" KJ frowned dodging quickly. "We're just best friends kj also dont throw a knife on anybody just like that!" Sage looks at Jett beside her. "Anyways.. GUYS! I finally finished fixing my turret!" KJ said bringing the good news to her friends.

However at those moment they were talking; Reyna was thinking whyon earth didn't she shoot Sage. It was like there was an unknown force in her finger not letting it pull the trigger. Maybe she was perhaps attracted to her mortal enemy that's why she couldn't bring herself to shoot her. But why of all people would she be interested in such a 'low, pathetic woman' named Sage. She completely discarded this thought and chuckled at her own thought. "Seriously Reyna, what are you thinking?" She talked to herself.

-----

Thanks for reading the first chapter!

Noticed wattpad is kinda lacking some rainbows on valorant ships- 🌈