1

Head empty, all you can remember was a lot of red. How the hell you ended up in the back of an ambulance was beyond you. You remember you were supposed to go to the library to return some books that are due today. You can feel the thick books pressed on your back, giving you a little space to sit down on the small ambulance seat. Shit, now you won't make it back to the campus and return the book on time. The lady in the library will surely lecture you. That thought did nothing to calm your trembling hands. Why did you think about it when the reason for your current problem was in front of you, unconscious?

It's happening so fast. First, a bunch of kids flirted with you on your way to the library. Fortunately, (or unfortunately), you were walking with one of your friends, who happened to be the infamous Eren Yeager. This guy had a reputation for his unlimited rage. He's an active member of the campus and had led many rallies thanks to his bravery (and also anger). Eren said his anger was the secret to brought humanity to its peak one day. So far, he had also brought problems to himself since he picked a fight pretty easily. You even believed the kids earlier didn't really wanna flirt with you, they just wanted to annoy Eren. Which succeeded and it turned really ugly in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, he will be okay. Don't worry." The paramedic tried to calm you down. He had a buff build, the uniform on him hugged his body a little too tightly. His face looked kind of serious but once he smiled, he looked friendly enough. Nonetheless, from when he handled Eren earlier, you felt like you could trust him. The other paramedic was this lean guy with a friendly face who cast you a comforting smile once in a while as he assessed Eren's condition.
Sigh, Eren... Now that you thought about him, you can't help but remember what happened a few minutes ago. You gripped the hem of your skirt, wishing you didn't wear the damn thing today. Wishing that Jean, your best (worst) friend, didn't dare you to wear a skirt. Wishing you didn't walk on the empty lot behind the library. Wishing that Eren wasn't so easily provoked. Wishing that Mikasa, Eren's foster sister-slash-girlfriend-slash-bodyguard was with you. Where the hell was she when you needed her the most?

"What did you say?"

You remembered Eren sounded so angry as he grabbed the boy on the collar of his t-shirt. You didn't even clearly remember what the guys said. It was something about slut, Eren's slut, the skirt made you look like a slut. Didn't even matter as Eren threw a punch to the guy's gut. Thank God Eren wasn't only all rage and no skill because even though he was up against four guys, he can fight them with no problem.

You shut your eyes tightly when she remembered how useless you were. You tried to grab one of the guys and ended up getting hit in the face and fell on your butt. How embarrassing. That was when you saw one of them grabbing a bat and hitting Eren square on the back of his head, rendering him unconscious. What made it worse, he fell on his forehead on the concrete. Then, blood spilled, you screamed, people started to come in their direction and the kids ran away.

"We need some help over here!"

The buff paramedic yelled once you arrived at the hospital. He and the other paramedics nimbly took Eren's unconscious form to the ER, where several nurses immediately helped them. You walked out of the ambulance a few seconds later, noticing that the sky has darkened and the sun was almost set. You were surprised that your legs felt wobbly when you tried to walk. One of the paramedics caught your arms as you were about to stumble.

"You okay, Miss?" he asked, voice gentle and soothing. It was the friendly lean paramedic. You can't help but blush. You almost fell down and made a fool out of yourself. Oh, this chain of embarrassment, I hope they cease, you thought.

"Your brother is in the ER," the other paramedic, the buff guy, talked on the phone loud enough for you to hear. You can't help but wonder who the guy talked to. He definitely talked about Eren, did he? Did Eren have a brother?