Chapter 14 - Nightmare

"Run, Run, Lilliana, get out here," Bryce screamed. The Sway house went up in flames. He was coughing due to all the smoke, and his voice was shaky.

"No, not without you or the boys," I responded, refusing to leave. I stopped mid-sentence when two large arms wrapped around me, taking me outside away from the fire.

"Please no, my boyfriend is in there. What about my friends? Where are they? You got to save him. Take him, not me, just let me go," I scream in the arms of the unknown figure. I start to cough due to all the smoke making me stop yelling.

I turn my head to a firefighter carrying me out. He takes me outside and starts walking toward the ambulance. I turn my head to the Sway house, ash and smoke everywhere. Flames are still coming off it, with firefighters running into the house. That's the last thing I remember before everything was spinning and my eyes got heavy.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I start to look around, then start screaming, "Bryce, Bryce. Josh, Josh. Blake, Blake. Noah, Noah. Griffin, Griffin," I hear footsteps, which makes me smile. It means they are coming.

The door opens, and a nurse comes in, followed behind her as Jaden, Mads, Ness, Quinton, Amelie, Avani, Ant, and Kio walk in. I looked at all of them. Their eyes were red with tears and stained their faces. It hit me what had happened. I was the only survivor of the fire.

"Lilliana," Jaden says softly with sympathy laced in his voice. That is all it took for me to start sobbing.

"No, No. It can't be. It's all a prank. Tell me it's all a prank. All of the boys couldn't be dead. I refuse to accept it. The boys can't die just like my dad," I say, sobbing tears were putting out of my face.

"Bryce, Bryce, Bryce," I start yelling. I feel everything becomes shaky again. I felt a muscular arm touching me.

I hear Bryce's voice say, "Princess, it was just a dream." I then feel my hands rub my back.

I open my eyes. I look up to see Bryce saying soothing words, with his hands rubbing my back, comforting me. He was sitting up with me in his lap, curled up in a blanket.

Bryce noticed my eyes open and immediately started kissing all over my face making me smile.

"Are you okay?" he asks, concerned for me," Princess, what happened in the dream?"

I started whimpering, thinking about the dream. Bryce started to rub my back again. "You were gone! The boys were too," I say, crying into Bryce's stomach.

"Princess, it's going to be okay. Everything is going to be alright. All the boys are here, and we are all safe," he says, making me feel better.

"It just felt so real. I couldn't imagine my life without you guys in it," I say, crying into his chest.

"It's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. I am here for you. Let's watch a movie to get your mind off this," Bryce says.

I nod my head, wanting to watch a movie to get my mind off of the horrible dream I had. I see Bryce grab the remote and turn on Netflix. He goes to my account and then clicks on Outer Banks. Which Bryce knows is one of my favorite shows. He starts the series, and I cuddle back into his stomach, watching TV and slowly forgetting about the dream.

Eventually, I fell asleep in Bryce's arms. He shut off the TV and cuddled back into me, causing both of us to fall asleep in each other's arms.

Author's Note