Prologue: Part II

Weeks have passed. My parents were still sad, but they tried to live their lives like normal. Me on the other hand, I still couldn't believe that Luke left us. My parents tried to cheer me up, but it was hopeless.
One night my parents decided to go out. They didn't want to leave me alone, but I didn't want to go with them. So they decided that I could go to the neighbor's house if something was wrong.
In the evening I grabbed the demo that was hidden under my bed and listened to it in my room. In the meantime I was colouring some drawings when I heard a knock on my window. I was scared and looked out when I saw Luke. I ran to the front door and opened it. I hugged him tightly and smiled, crying.

"You're back!" I said. Luke hugged me back and came inside Closing the door.

"Hey, Ay. Are mom and dad home?" I shook my head.

"They went out for dinner." I explained. Luke sighed in relief.

"Listen to me, Aylice. You cannot tell mom or dad that I'm here, okay?" I was sad.

"Don't you want to make up with them again? You can come back." I begged, but Luke shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Ay. But this is more complicated than you think. I'm sorry, but I will not come back." Luke sounded sad. He obviously regretted the fight, but he wouldn't turn back. His pride was too big.

"Then why are you here?" I asked him while crying. He kneeled down to my height.

"Because I missed you, Ay. I wanted to make sure that you were okay." He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back.

"I promise that I will visit you as often as I can." He told me. He then let go of the hug.

"Hey. I have a gift for you." He told me. I looked at him and he pulled out a White T-shirt with a Sunset Curve print on it. He Held it in front of me.

"Huh. I think you will have to grow into this one." He chuckled. I took it.

"Thank you, Luke." I said with a smile. He smiled back at me.

"The best part is yet coming. Turn it around." I did as he told me and saw his hand writing printed on the back.

"I love you, sis." Luke read it out loud for be because I couldn't read that well yet. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you, Luky" he hugged me back.

"So... Do you want to do something together?" He asked me with a smile. I smiled back and pulled him into my room. I sat down on the floor in front of my drawing and grabbed my crayons. Luke looked around.
"Your room looks great, Ay. Wait... Are you listening to my demo?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah. I always listen to it when mom and dad are not home." I answered and he smiled even brighter.

"That's my little sis. So..." He kneeled down on the opposite side of me and looked at the drawing.

"...What are you drawing?" He asked me. I continued colouring the paper while I answered.

"You and me. On one of your concerts." Luke got tears in his eyes, but he hid them.

"So... You're the new lead singer, huh?" He asked with a smile, trying not to cry. I nodded and crawled under my bed to reveal a not too big box. I opened it and showed my collection of drawings and the demo of Sunset Curve. Luke looked at the drawings and saw my pink microphone that he gave me for my birthday. I took the folded shirt he gave me and put it in there.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you, Luky." I looked at him and smiled. He started to cry and hugged me tightly.

"I love you so much, Ay. Never forget that, okay?" I smiled.

"Never." Luke let go of the hug and held his pinky finger on front of me.

"Pinky promise?" He asked with a smile, tears in his eyes. I connected out fingers.

"Pinky promise." I smiled back, taking my way too small hands to remove the tears from his face. He laughed.

"Thanks" he smiled at me and mixed up my hair and tickled me.

"Heyyy!" I screamed, laughing. We both laughed when we heard a car parking in front of the house. Luke's eyes widened.

"Mom and dad?" He asked. I nodded. Luke panicked.

"Hey, I need to get out of your window so they don't see me. Don't tell them I was here, okay?" He stood up, but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave me again." I begged him. He kneeled down in front of me.

"I promise that I'll come back. But for now, I have to go, okay?"

"Nooo!" I started crying and hugged him tightly. He cried, too when we heard the front door open. He let go of me and looked me in the eyes.

"I love you, Aylice." He said and got up and got out of the window. I cried and got in my bed to pretend like I was asleep.
That was the last time that I saw him. He didn't come for a visit anymore. One evening I was on the living room floor drawing another picture. Mom was fixing some clothes and dad read the newspaper when we saw blue blinking lights from outside the window. They got closer to our house. My parents stood up and my mom started to cry. My dad hugged her, shocked as well. I was confused. I didn't know what was happening.

"What is it, mommy?" I asked her. She just cried. My dad looked at me.

"Luke won't come back anymore, sweetie." He said and mom came to me and hugged me tightly. I was still confused. I was only 5. I didn't know what was going on. Until we got to the funeral...

That death was a shock to the entire family. My parents felt like they weren't any good for me as long as they were grieving, so they decided to give me to a foster family in that time, hoping I would have it better there, at least for a little while. But I didn't. My new parents were strict. They didn't want me to be a child. They wanted me to grow up. It was hard for me. And the worst part: I stayed there longer than just a few months.