INTRO

"Is this the third time we've bumped into each other like this?"

"Maybe it was fate."

"We are literally meeting in a dark allyway at two in the morning, right beside a dead body. Do you really have the audacity to call this fate?"

__

KIM SEUNGMIN seemed to be your average guy. Living alone, financially struggling, late for classes occasionally. it never would've occurred to anyone that his life was far from that, and that he played a dangerous game investigating mysterious disappearances related with the supernatural that could easily get himself killed getting involved with. his few close friends don't know what he does when he is unable to pick up the phone, and Seungmin intends never to share about his mysterious job, and his reason why he became so invested in finding the culprits of these crimes. that is, however, until a new face is seen around, moving into the same run-down apartment, the room right next to him that had been left empty for years.

HWANG HYUNJIN had all the ladies swooning over him, especially when he worked as a barista at one of the trendy cafes in town, which was almost everyday. what made him so popular with many people after only having moved a week ago had to do with many factors, especially the look on his face when he thought no one was watching him. his demeanour was cold, serious and empty, holding the weight of many dark secrets and mystery, contributing to his untouchable aura. he is one of the few people who are able to use magic, coming from a long line of skilled magic users from his family. he avoids talking about his past and despises those who try to pry into his private life. magic is one of the many things he is skilled at, but becomes powerless when a certain kim seungmin comes walking his way.

__

When both boys cross paths, how far will they go to run away from their pasts and keep their secrets hidden?