Chapter 6

Izuku was in a dark room. It was odd. The walls weren't there he knew there were boundaries, but they weren't walls. They seemed to flex and change. This gave the room the effect of shifting. He could feel all of the boundaries, he knew what they were, but at the same time they confused him. Small chains seemed to come off of the boundary's. They wrapped around something in the middle. The thing was... alive? He could hear noises now. They were quiet whispers, but to Izuku they were so loud he felt like he could see theme written in red on his eyelids. The voice wasn't angry. In fact it was chuckling. As Izuku listened more to the chuckling, he made out the words that we're being said.

"Let me out! Haha! Let me out! Hahaha!!!" As the the thing continued speaking it's laughter grew from chuckling to what seemed like cackling. Suddenly the laughter stopped and the chains shifted to reveal a red eye looking directly at Izuku. The thing seemed to growl before screaming in manner that held so much insanity and pain. That Izuku would hear it for days.

Izuku shot out of his bed a scream irrupting from his throat. Something about that place. That thing frightened him, but it also enticed. The sound of the laughter and the image of the eye stayed with him. He had a feeling the scream would be with him forever.

Aizawa came running as soon as he heard his son's scream. He looked down at the boy on the bed. He could tell it had been something bad, he knew because he was quiet. His breathing had slowed and he was completely still. Izuku had nightmares often, but this wasn't what normally happened. Normally, Izuku could only make out the vague content of his nightmare, but it was clear that he could remember every detail of this one. He sat next to Izuku, put his arms around Izuku's shoulders, and his chin on his head. He whispered to Izuku that he was there. It was only 2 AM so they had awhile before they needed to do anything important.

Izuku just remained unmoving. He was so scared. He could still feel the laughter in his mind, and the scream, and the words. After he had calmed down Izuku told him about his dream. Nothing seemed to jump out at Eraserhead until he heard about the boundary's. He remembered a certain mouse/bear mentioning a similar mental condition. Aizawa would have to talk with Nezu later about what was going on, but right now Izuku was having a difficult time and that was why Aizawa was here.