Daminette- Hades Persephone AU Pt. 12

"Lila, are you nervous? You'll have to share with the god of the underworld, Lord Hades." Alya asks, her best friend was already in the throne dedicated to the goddess of life. Most of Lila's friends were in the grand-stand, impatiently waiting to watch the first Olympian Council. Adrien watched from his own seat, no one thought Marinette was going to show up but he is praying that she does.

"No, I know he seems all scary but I'm not afraid."

"The meeting should be starting soon, why don't you go get a good seat before they're all taken?"

"Great idea, girl! Thanks, you're the best!" Alya gave her best friend a respectful bow before heading to where Rose saved their seats. Lila was looking at her nails, when the notice for the Olympian Council first came out Lila didn't bat an eye. The goddess had no idea what was going on in the mortal world, had no problems to solve, and no solutions or improvements to recommend.

Adrien nervously picked at his lip, looking over the other Olympians. Some would have liked to have trusted friends or mentors there with them but only Lord Hades had advisors and even then, he was only allowed two with him. A notice that Lord Thanatos and an Advisor in charge of efficiency and statistics named Tim would be joining him.

He wasn't bringing his wife.

The Olympians were seated in an open plaza, their thrones in an upside-down U shape. The thrones for the goddess of life and the dead were at the peak of the curve. The empty throne meant for lord Hades had Lady Hestia next to it, then Lady Chloe, after that Lady Kagami, then Lady Ondine, and Sabine. On Marinette's side was Lady Caline, Lady Barbra, Lord Adrien himself, Lord Marc, Lord Nino, and Lord Max.

A black carriage pulls up with ornate gold detailing, pulled by four black steeds. An older gentleman got of from the front seat, setting the stairs in place before he opens the door. First to exit is a tired looking boy with slightly longer hair and a full messenger's bag. After him was a tall, strong looking man with steely eyes that surveyed each and every person. Adrien shivers. After the man, likely Thanatos, had both feet on the ground he moves out of the way to make room for Lord Hades. Lord Hades had a thick folder in one hand, a pen clipped to the side facing away from the god, the other was empty.

Not expecting anyone else to emerge from the carriage, people gasp in surprise at the sight of a familiar, dainty hand. He'd brought his wife? The woman emerges in a simple chiton with beautiful detailing, she wore a delicate looking crown that looked to be made out of roses and leaves dipped in gold.

It was Marinette. She'd matured over the years, Adrien had seen her in her time in the underworld but instead of an almost depressed frown there was a dignified, impassive look on her face. She put her hand in Damian's, steadily walking down the three short steps. When she had both feet on the ground, Lord Hades kissed her knuckles. Without hesitation, Damian walked towards his seat. Marinette was right next to him, the other two men flanked them.

Lord Hades sat in his respective throne, the two seats flanking him were taken by his assigned advisors. Marinette walked up to Lila.

"Yes?" The goddess sounded bored, not even looking up after she knew it was Marinette.

"You're in my seat." The girl stopped short at that, looking up from her nails.

"Excuse me? I am the goddess of life."

"Actually, you're not." Damian cuts in, harshly silencing the spectators.

"Oh, yeah? What proof do you have that you're goddess of life?"

"What proof do you have that you are?"

"Mortals stopped dying after she got married to Adrien!" Nino cut in, defending the girl, his eyes glowing green.