Baby Dixon

Things to know
-Takes place at Alexandria during the apocalypse
-Bethyl are considered Husband and wife
-Daryl had an uncle Jeffrey that died when everything started (He was a good man)

Beth and Daryl were just waking up to get ready for the day when Beth said "Hey Daryl, can we talk" Daryl could tell something was off with the way she said it and said "Of course baby, is everything ok" "Well um... its just...I'm happy but I just... I don't know if you will be caus' I'm...well... I'm pregnant" A smile started to form on Daryls lips then it went away and he just stormed off. "Daryl, please don't go we need to talk about this" he grabbed his crossbow and continued walking until he was out of the gates of Alexandria. Beth yelled "You know what fine leave if that's what your gonna do I don't need you anyway." Which she knew she didn't mean she needs Daryl more than anything.

Rick, Maggie, Michonne, Carol, and Carl all came out because they heard Beth yell. All of them were asking her if she was ok and she just said to leave her alone. Everyone except for Maggie and Rick went back to what they were doing. Rick and Maggie both said that they wanted to help and that they care about them so Beth told them everything. Maggie just hugged her sister and Rick said "Beth he is probably just scared he'll be back he just needs to think and blow off some steam. I'll leave you two to talk."

~~Daryl's pov~~
Daryl ran about a half a mile out and just sat down next to a tree in the middle of the woods and thought to himself I cant be a father I cant risk being like my dad. What am I gonna do? I can't tell Beth she won't understand. Hell she probably hates me already. Great now I'm a shitty husband too. What did I expect I'm a fucking Dixon. I should just stay out here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
2 days later
"He's not coming back Mags. I can't raise our baby without him. What am I gonna do Mags?" Beth said sobbing "Beth it's gonna be ok I'm gonna help you, everyone here is gonna help you your gonna be ok." "I love him Maggie. I love him so much. I need him."

There was a knock on the door. "Its Rick, can I come in? Beth said "yeah come on in" still sobbing "Hey Beth I'm gonna go look for him ok? "Ok I don't know what it's gonna help though" Then rick said "Ok I'll see you later" They hugged then rick left

~~~~Daryl's pov~~~~
Daryl was hunting and then heard a sound that wasn't an animal or Walker. It was a person. "Whoever you are get the fuck out here" Then Rick said "It's just Rick" then came out where Daryl could see him. "The fuck you want Rick" "I'm here because your wife is falling apart Daryl. She needs you...We all do." Daryl looked at his feet and Rick said in a calm voice "Brother, talk to me" "I can't Rick, I can't let myself turn into him Rick...I can't turn into my father." Rick put his hand on Daryl's shoulder and said "You're not your father Daryl, you're a good man, a good husband, and your gonna be a great father." Daryl looked into his eyes and said "What if I ain't Rick" he was on the verge of tears now. "I can't be a monster" "you aren't, That much I am sure of brother"

~~~2 hours later~~~
Rick and Daryl walk in through the gates and Beth comes racing towards them and jumps into Daryl's arms. Daryl puts his arms around her waisted and pulls her in more "I am so sorry baby" He puts her down and puts his head by her neck "I'm so sorry...im sorry" Beth pulls away just enough to look at his face and says "it's ok baby, let's go talk" Then they walked away holding hands to their house.

They go upstairs and sit on their bed. Beth looks right into Daryl's eyes "You can't just leave like that. I was worried sick about you." Daryl looks down and says "I know baby, but I cant be a dad and I was scared. I just didn't know what to do." "Can you look at me Dixon, please, Daryl please" then Daryl slowly brings his head up "I'm scared Beth, I don't want to turn into my father" Beth starts crying "You are not your father, do you hear me, you are nothing like him." Beth says sternly but soft. "How do you know that Beth" Beth puts her hands on his cheeks "Because I know you, Daryl Dixon. You are a man who will kill and die for the ones he loves. You are the man I love. You are everything to me and this group Daryl. Your uncle would be so proud of the man you've become." A tear comes down Daryls face and beth wipes it off "I love you so much, Greene" Then they kiss and Daryl pulls away and puts his hands on her belly "Hey there, I'm your daddy and I love your mommy very much so don't kick her too much. I also love you little one" Daryl looks back up to Beth and she has tears in her eyes "Look at you, already an amazing father" "I love you Beth. Hey Beth, when should we tell everyone" "How about tonight" Daryl nods his head and they kiss.

~~~later that evening~~~
Beth looked at the people of Alexandria "Thank yall for coming to talk with us on such short notice but we have some news we wanted to share with everyone" Beth smiles and Daryl does his normal half smile thing "Were having a baby" Everyone gets really happy and everyone hugs Beth and some people that they are really close with even hug Daryl. Maggie looks at Beth and Daryl "So what are we calling it until its born" Daryl looks at Beth "Baby Dixon?" Beth smiles "that's perfect Daryl"

~~~Later that night~~~
Daryl and Beth are spooning in bed while Daryl runs his hand on her stomach "Hey Greene, you awake" Beth nods "yeah what is it" "Well um... you know what never mind" Beth turns around to face Daryl "No if you brought it up I want to hear it" Daryl starts messing with his hands and so Beth holds them in hers. "Its just if something happens to us I want to make sure we have something set up for Baby Dixon" Beth smiled "Like I said, your a good dad Daryl. So who were you thinking" Daryl says "I was thinking maybe Maggie, Glenn, and Rick could take care of Baby Dixon." Beth looked at him "Yeah we'll ask them tomorrow" Daryl leaned down and kissed Beth's stomach "Night Baby Dixon I love you" Then kissed Beth "Night I love you" Beth smiled "I love you too." Then they fell asleep.

~~~The next Day~~~
Daryl and Beth were walking through the streets of Alexandria to go talk to Rick, Maggie, and Glenn about the baby. When they got all three of them together Beth smiled and said "So last night Daryl brought up a pretty good point. He said if something happens to us we need to have somethin' set up for Baby Dixon and so we were wondering if Yall would want to take care of the baby if somethin' happened to us" They all said they would immediately.

~~~9 months later~~~
Beth was crying tears of joy. "Daryl she is so beautiful" Daryl leaned forward and kissed his baby girls forehead and then kissed Beth and said "Just like her mother...I love you so much Greene." "I love you too, Dixon."

There was a knock on the door. "Daryl looked at the door "Who is it" Rick said "We want to meet our goddaughter can we come in" Daryl looked over at Beth and se nodded so Daryl said "ok yall come on in" They walked in and Daryl said "Meet Amelia Marie Dixon"

~~~before they went to sleep that night~~~
Daryl was holding Amelia and said "Daddy loves you so much and I promise I'll never let anyone hurt you or your mommy. Sleep tight my sweet girl." Beth smiled at her and said "I love you sweetheart have good dreams." Daryl and Beth both kissed Amelia's forehead and put her in the white crib. They walked over to their bed and Daryl smiled at Beth and said "Thank you" Beth smiled and said "For what" Daryl kissed her and when he pulled away he said "For changing my life. You made me see the good in people. You kept me sane. Now you've given me a family that I love more than anything and would do anything to protect. You brought me back from where my father and Merle were taking me. Thank you so much." Beth smiled and had tears in her eyes and said "you did that all on your own. I love you so much Dixon." I love you too, Greene. They drifted to sleep in their beautiful perfect, well as close to perfect as your life can be in the world they live in.

Notes
I'm not really sure if anyone still reads Bethyl fanfiction but if not Its fine because I really enjoyed writing it. If y'all do read this if y'all have any tips on how to make my writing better please comment. And remember Beth and Bethyl live on in us.
-Grace aka LoveNormilyandBethyl