Forget You

Things to know
No walkers
Both Beth and Daryl are 22

Beth was at the local bar to sing "Hey y'all it's been a while since I sang here but you know my father and his daughters anywhere near alcohol" Beth said with a slight chuckle along with the rest of the crowd including Maggie and Hershel. Beth sang four songs and then went to take a break. Hershel said to Maggie "Is it just me or in the middle of that last song did Beth start acting weird" "No daddy I thought the same thing let's go talk to her before she goes back up to sing again" "Good idea".

~~~In the back room~~~
"Hey Bethy is everything alright" "Daddy there's this guy out there and he keeps looking at me and when I look at him he looks away. Daddy he looks so familiar even though I know I've never seen him. I'm really confused" Hershel frowned and Maggie said "Is he scaring you" Beth said "No Mags it's not like that. You know what never mind it's probably all in my head" Beth left to go out to sing.

~~~Maggie and Hershels pov~~~
"Do you think it was him daddy" Hershel frowned and said "I dont know Maggie, I hope not"

~~~After Beth finished performing~~~
Zach walked up to Beth. "What are you doing here zack. You cheated on me we're done I've made that perfectly clear. Now leave" Beth yelled at zack. Zack then hit Beth square in the face. She expected him to hit again but then heard him get hit and saw the familiar guy from before on top of him punching him. He punched him so much there was blood coming out of his nose and mouth. Beth was begging between sobs "please stop.... stop it... he has had enough." Then 3 people pulled the man off of him. Beth knew all three of them. They were Officer Grimes, Maggie's boyfriend Glenn, and Merle Dixon whom she had only ever seen once. He was not a good person. They were all talking to him most of which she couldn't make out but what she heard plain as day was the familiar man looking right at Merle and said "After what happened to mom, how could you. He deserves to die for this." Then after they talked to him a lot he calmed down. They let him go and he walked up to Zack whom was barely conscious and said "I won't stop next time" His voice was so low it scared her. "Then the familiar man walked up to her she backed away and he looked almost sad and said "I wont hurt you" Beth then let him closer. He touched her face right under the forming bruise and said "some ice and you'll be fine" the familiar man walked up to Hershel and said "Don't worry I'll stay away from your daughter." He nodded at his friends and then started walking away. Beth said "wait I haven't even thanked you yet" the man said "wasn't nothin'" "I dont even know your name" "Don't matter" Then he left. Beth then walked over to Merle "He's your brother?" "Ya what about it" "I need to know where he is...I need to to talk to him" Merle frowned "He's probably at home. Oh and his name is Daryl." Then he wrote the address on a piece of paper and gave it to Beth. "Thank you" Beth left in her truck and went to the address.

The outside of the house was like a little cabin but in rough shape. She walked up to the door and debated whether to knock and then decided against it because she figured he wouldn't let her in. She walked in. The house was in rough shape. It had a plastic boob thing.There were newspapers everywhere. "Daryl...Daryl are you here" He walked out of his bedroom "The fuck you doing here" Beth walked closer and said "We need to talk" Daryl looked at the ground "Just go home Beth" Daryl please...if you answer my questions I promise I'll leave" Daryl frowned "fine but I need a drink" Beth started walking toward the cupboard "Where ya going" Beth smiled and said "I can see where it is" She grabbed a bottle and said "peach schnapps any good?" Daryl walked toward her and grabbed and smashed it to the ground "ya ain't drinking no damn peach schnapps. Merle always brings that shit home" He grabs her moonshine "This here is a real drink" Beth smiles "Thanks" They walk to Daryls room "Daryl why do you look so familiar" Daryl looked down amd frowned "I can't tell you" Why don't you wanna tell me, I have a right to know" He looked at her "Its not that I don't want to...its just...well... your father would kill me if I told you. Even if he wouldn't kill me it's safer if you don't know." Beth frowned "please I'm begging you to tell me." Daryl looked at her "fine I'll tell you." He then took a big gulp of his moonshine. "When we were about 7 or 8 I met your father. He saw me while I was out in the woods one day. He saw the bruises and asked what happened." I never told anyone when they asked I just said I fell or me and Merle got a little too rough when we were wrestling. But your dad, there was something in his eyes that told me I could trust him so i told him. I told him how my father mentally and physically abused me, my brother, and my mother. He told me to come with him so he could look at my face so I did. While we were walking back to the farm he touched my back. I flipped out and dropped to my knees and screamed for him not to touch me. That's when he realized the reality of what my father had done. He got on his knees to and promised me he wasn't going to hurt me. I got up and went with him when we got to the farm I saw you walking and I remember i thought you were so pretty." Beth smiled at that "Anyway we kept walking and when we got inside Hershel saw I was bleeding through my shirt. He was gonna take it off to look at what was wrong. I begged him not to but he did anyway and promised he wasn't gonna hurt me. That's when Patricia walked in. She saw the scars on my back and I could hear her sobbing. Hershel told her to go so she did. Hershel cleaned up my back. He told me to come to the farm during the day and only go home when I had to. Over the years you and I got really close. When we were 14 we started...I hate the term but dating. The only problem with my new life is I wasn't at home so my father didn't have anyone to beat so one morning when I was 16 he followed me to the farm. It was 5am but I knew where you would be. Every morning you were out with the horses. It was our morning routine you were out there and I would come up behind you and surprise you. So anyway my father saw us together and he was so angry that I was happy so he charged at you. You screamed my name. God it hurt to hear you so scared. Your father must have heard you scream because right when I pushed you out of the way from my father he punched him. He didn't stop till he was out cold and he walked up to me and said leave and dont come back and I" "Daryl...the fuck are you Daryl" "Beth get under my bed and be quiet." The door opened "What do you need dad" "Had a bad day" He then walked over and started hitting Daryl. Beth was under the bed trying to be quiet even though she was crying her eyes out. Suddenly everything came back to her the love, the way her father made Daryl leave, the way she has never been as happy as she was with him. Then the sounds of a fist hitting a face stopped and Daryl said "you can come out its ok" Beth crawled out from under the bed in tears "Dixon" Daryl looked at her "You remember?" She nodded and jumped on him and kissed him "I love you Daryl, I love you so much" Daryl smiled "I know baby, I love you too" They were kissing passionately for a few minutes and Beth suddenly backed away. "How did I forget you?" Daryl looked at her "The trauma from my father made you forget me. Your father thought It would be for the best if I did my best to never let you see me because he didn't want your memory to be triggered." Hearing my fathers voice and what he did to me probably triggered your memory." They kissed again and when they separated Neth said "I gotta go I'll be back soon"

Beth arrived at her house and stormed in she was yelling and walked right up to her father "You son if a bitch how dare you lie to me. You could have helped me."Maggie and Glenn came running down the stairs "I hate you...How could you do this to me. I lost 6 years with him dad. 6 fucking years you bastard" Then she heard his deep southern voice "Beth stop it" Beth looked at him "But Daryl, instead of all the dicks I dated I could have been with you. We lost 6 years Daryl." Daryl got closer to her "Beth, you were safer without me. Yes it was your fathers idea to keep me away but I knew it was for the best. I was always around, everytime you sang I was there, when you graduated I was there. I didn't abandon you. We did it to protect you. I love you Greene, so much. You need to know that." I love you too, Dixon." "Beth please stop yelling at your father, he saved me. When he took me in got beat 4 times in all those years instead of everyday, your father saved my life and when he sent me away he was saving yours. That's who your father is, he protects the ones he loves." "Daryl I've never been as happy as I was with you." Daryl smiled "me neither, but I can't put your life at risk again. I'll always love you but you need to be happy and find someone to love and have a family and live the life that I can't give you" Everyone in the room had tears in their eyes now. "Daryl please don't leave me. Not again." "I don't wanna leave you, I have to, you deserve better." Beth started crying "Daryl no, I love you...I don't care about your father or what he might do." Daryl grabbed her cheeks in his and very calmly said "Damnit Greene, you know how hard it is for me to say no to you can't you just forget about me." Beth chuckled a little through sobs "Been there, done that, didn't work" Daryl gave her a small smile. "Hold on" Then Daryl walked up to Hershel "what do you think" Hershel said "She's never been as happy as she was with you and I never should have sent you away in the first place. You were like a son to me ad I abandoned you. Im sorry and If yall wanna be together I won't stop you" Daryl looked at Maggie and she nodded. Glenn said "Brother, you deserve to be happy give love a chance. Daryl laughed a little "You know how corny that sounds right?" "Yes Daryl I do, but you would be too if you were engaged." Daryl smiled "im gonna tease you with that statement for a year I hope you know that." Glenn laughed "oh I do" Daryl walked over to Beth and kissed her "wanna go for a ride" Beth smiled "sure do" They kissed, said goodbye, and left on Daryl's motorcycle"

Notes
Hope yall enjoyed this because I really enjoyed writing it. Lmk if yall want a part 2 because if yall do I have some ideas.
-Grace aka LoveNormilyandBethyl