Chapter 2

* Chapter 2-

Wynnie’s POV:

As the curtains started opening, I began thinking of my opening line as Cinderella. I began singing… I wish, more than anything, more than Life, more than jewels.” My hands began gradually drying up from all of the sweat on my sticky palms as I had to pretend to clean the floor with a rag. I couldn’t really see the audience. Then again, not seeing the audience from the stage lights was an advantage because it made me focus on being the part instead of watching the people watching me. The scenes began flying before my eyes, as I had to attentively listen to the Baker, the Baker’s Wife, Red Riding Hood, the Witch, the Mysterious Man, and the Narrator.

Riley’s POV:

I couldn’t take my eyes off of Cinderella. (Man I sound like a dork right now!) I have wanted to talk to her after the play and say something or give her the “Riley charm”. I almost just want to come to this HTA acting school because of her. I would be pretty embarrassed to join this place, but I would do anything just to be able to hang out with her. She was so certain of what she was doing. It just looked like she was completely natural, and like she became Cinderella gradually throughout the play.

Wynnie’s POV:

We all migrated back stage since it was intermission. I was really content with the way this performance was going, the way the audience was acting, and the way my fellow actors were acting on stage. I was really proud. These thoughts were filling my thoughts like a misty fog that covers the ground in the early mornings. Before I knew it, intermission was over, the lights were dim, and we were rushing to get back into our positions on stage.

Riley’s POV:

I realized that intermission meant that it was half over. I didn’t want the play to be over. This meant that I would have to face the thought of coming up with a plan such as joining HTA so I could spend time with her.

Wynnie’s POV:

It is officially the last scene.  My last two lines “I wish” just belted out of my mouth. I couldn’t believe that it was my last play of the year. I was just extremely grateful for the cast party that night since it was the last night of acting until the next season would pick up and start all over again in August. As we finished bowing as a whole, sitting on stage contently and letting the director give a last few words to the audience, I was thinking about how this cast party was a meet and greet. This meant that all the people that were in the audience that wanted to join HTA could meet everybody from the cast and see if they would like it. After the director finished giving her few announcements, I quickly sprinted into the back room to change into my white tank top and jean shorts so I could hang up my costumes, put back my props nicely, and spend time with everybody.

Riley’s POV:

Cinderella made a mad dash into the back (an audience forbidden zone) as soon as the announcements were over. I was willing to yell “wait” to just get her attention but that didn’t end up happening. As soon as she came out from the back she was already wearing different clothes. She began talking with all of the other cast members. I gave myself a little mental pep talk and made my way over to where she was standing. “Hey, I am Riley” I said. “Oh, hey I am Wynnie! Nice to meet you!” she pleasantly replied. She extended her hand to me. That was a sign to show me that she was interested. I gladly extended out my hand to return the favor and shook it respectfully and attentively. “You were an amazing Cinderella!” I shyly admitted. “Why thank you” she exclaimed. “Did you enjoy it?” she questioned. “ Surprisingly, I loved it!” I answered. “Great!” she added.  “Are you going to stay for the cast party?” she inquired. “I was thinking about it.” I replied. “Do you think I should?” I asked. “Absolutely!” she vocalized. After Wynnie told me to stay, I was game. I stayed the rest of the night until I realized that I was going to have some explaining to do if I stayed any longer. From that point on, I knew that joining HTA was the way to go.