Unbearable

Two weeks after the hangout day with Elliot, Lucy was in California with her crew. She placed first so she was excited about the race. Lucy located Elliot across the pits and went to say hi.

- It's a hot day today. - Lucy said.

- Yeah, I heard it might get hotter. New race suit?

- Yeah, fits much better. - Lucy checked herself out.

- You look good with it...You look even better without it.

- Okay, stop, - Lucy looked around, to see if anyone was near, - I have to be honest with you, when you went to the shower I looked at your browser history. You looked up my age, didn't you?

- First of all, that's a bit weird but I can't blame you, I would do the same. Yeah, I looked up your age. Fun fact actually, it doesn't show up.

- You could've just asked, you know.

- Well yeah, I guess. At that point, I couldn't find the answer so I just winged it. You drive a racecar so I assumed you had to be old enough.

- Fair enough I guess.

As the time until the race shrunk, the heat was getting stronger with each minute. Lucy started sweating in her suit as temperatures reached 35 degrees Celsius (95 Fahrenheit). 

The race started and Lucy blasted off holding the first position. Two hours into the race everyone was starting to lose it. It was 40 degrees celsius and a couple of racers had already quit the race.

Lucy pitted, grabbed a water bottle, and poured it inside her racing suit to cool down.

- Are you sure you're going to finish this? - Marshall asked.

- I don't know, I'm getting really frustrated. I'm not quitting though.

- be careful. fourteen racers already quit, a couple of drivers more and they just might cancel it. 

- I'll finish the race before they do.

Lucy's nose was running and she was struggling to keep a straight line driving when she heard the good news:

- Xander and Elliot both resigned from the race. Finish it before they cancel it.

Lucy finished first - barely conscious behind the wheel. the victory didn't evoke any emotions, all she wanted to do is get out of the car. the moment she pitted, she struggled out of the car and threw up in the pits right after taking off her helmet.

- Get this off me, please. - Lucy was crying trying to take off her suit.

Everyone ran to help her get the suit off. She got stripped to get underclothes to cool down. Various liquids were dripping from her mouth, nose, and eyes.

- Are you okay? - Marshall helped Lucy up, - let's get some shade and water.

- I'm so not...Not okay. Water...I need something cold...Scott.

Lucy felt as she was picked up, everything faded and she passed out right in the pits.