1.

TW!!!

It's a regular mid-autumn evening and the sun was just setting over busy London. It's orange tinge glowed through the windows and throughout the apartment creating the perfect golden hour.
I finish drying the last plate from the very awkward meal i'd  just had with my roommate Val and her boyfriend Jack. I could feel the sexual tension throughout the whole of the meal so I could only guess what was going on under them sheets right now. The moaning was also a slight give away.
I sighed and rolled my eyes as I placed the plate back in the draw where it belongs and hung the damp kitchen towel on the radiator taking in it's heat as I do so.
I heard the bedroom door quietly creek open and then shut afterwards. I turned around expecting to see my roommate coming to give me all the details after their event but I see a topless Jack with fear in his eyes after seeing me.
'God y/n! I didn't think you'd still be in here!' Jack exclaimed out of shock.
'Well I do live here Jack.' I said with a clear tone of frustration in my voice.
'Right sorry.' Jack apologises.
There was an extremely awkward silence. I don't really know how I feel about Jack. I just get a weird vibe about him. I feel like he's going to break Val's heart and that cannot happen again...

I walked into mine and Val's new apartment looking out over the city of London.
'Hey Val!' I say announcing myself.
Silence. She is supposed to be in unless she's gone somewhere without telling me.
'Val?' I call out.
Yet again, nothing. I start getting a nervous pit in my stomach and I simply don't know why. I walk towards her bedroom pushing the feeling away. I placed my hand on the cold silver door handle and pushed it down slowly trying not to make a noise just in case she was sleeping. I peer around the door but I can't see her. I suddenly hear her ensuite door open and see her walk out with mascara dripping down her face and lines across her wrists. That's why i had a bad feeling.

'Where's Val?' I ask him trying to push away the awkward silence and the horrific memory that had just been brought up.
'Oh, yeh, she's sleeping.' Jack replied
'Okay well, I think i'm going to head out on a walk so tell her where I am if she wakes up.' I tell him.
'Okay bye!' Jack says a bit too enthusiastically.
'yep, bye.' I reply dryly.

I walk out the apartment block and instantly felt the cold October air hit my face. The sun had set now and the only thing helping me see were the headlights of cars and street lamps.I inhaled the fresh air feeling it filling up my lungs and closed my eyes while exhaling. I started to walk towards a quiet park that I found a couple of months ago. I don't know why but that park makes me feel safe whenever i'm in it. I placed my airpods in my ear and played my some Artic Monkeys to pass time.
I decided to walk a different, longer way today as i had a lot to think about. I had been walking for about 10 minutes until i realised i was lost. No data, great.
I eventually see a man dressed in black baggy jeans and a black puffer jacket. I couldn't make out his face as he had his hood up. 'Kinda sus' I thought referring to a new game i've been playing called AmongUs. I felt a bit nervous asking the man for directions because of the way he was dressed but I was brought up knowing not to judge someone from the way they look. But i also know how people around London were. You can't really trust anyone.
'Excuse me' I say trying to sound as confident as possible.
'Yo' He replies.
Gross.
'Is there any chance you could point me in the direction of Salt Tree Park?' I ask. (I made up the name, don't come at me if it's not real xD)
'Oh yeh, just follow this road and turn left init' He replies with no emotion in his voice.
'Okay thankyou!' I exclaim.
I start to walk in the direction he told me to while putting my airpods back in. Nobody is around.
Suddenly I hear a twig snap over my music and turn around. I saw that same man I had asked for directions about 5 feet away behind me. Just a coincidence I thought.
I took a right, contradicting the instructions the man following had told me. I turned back having a gut feeling he had turned the same way as me and just as my gut had told me, he had. I felt like he had picked up his pace and got closer to me which gave me the reaction of speeding up my walk.
This happened about 2 more times to the point I was doing a slow jog. The hairs on my neck were stood up on edge and tear were starting to form in my eyes. I turn a corner and instantly recognise the street I was on. It was the street right next to the park in the opposite direction the man had tried to send me.
There were a few people dotted here and there under the fairly lights which hung over the street I was on. I searched desperately for some sort of help without bringing too much attention to myself.
Then I saw someone around my age. He was about 5,9 and he had brown hair. They only other feature I could notice was his bright blue North Face coat. I just ran up to him and hugged him, standing on my tiptoes so I could try and match his height.
'Please hug me, I'm being followed' I whisper in his ears desperately.
I was expecting him to push me off and say something along the lines of 'fuck off' but he didn't move. He didn't do anything.
I was about to release him from my grip and apologise when I felt his arms wrap around me, protecting me like a mother protecting it's cub. The hug lasted for what seemed like forever. It was nice though. I felt safe.

Mystery Boy's POV-
I was walking towards a cafe positioned by a small park that I love when I saw a girl with a worried face run towards me. Her y/hc coloured hair was tied back into a pony tail and it swayed from side to side and she got closer. All of a sudden I felt her arms wrap round me. She stood on her tiptoes and whispered
'Please hug me, I'm being followed.' in my ear.
I was so taken by surprise that it took me a couple of minutes to notice what she had said. I felt her slowly start to lift herself off me so I wrapped my arms around her, engulfing her into a hug.

Y/n POV-
Eventually I released him from the hug and looked up into his eyes. His chocolate brown eyes stared right back at me sending shivers down my spine. He was gorgeous. Everything about him was gorgeous.
For a second, I completely forgot what happened and why I was hugging this random boy. I slowly turn around searching for the man that had followed me. It was just us two. I let out a sigh of release and without me even realising, I broke down into tears.
Yet again, I felt the same pair of arms wrap around me as I cried.
I finally shook myself out of the mess I was in and broke away from the hug once again.
'I'm so sorry oh my gosh, thankyou.' I said with a clear sense of stress in my voice.
'Hey hey hey, it's okay, are you okay?!' He replied concerned.
'I'm not exactly sure, that's never happened to me before,' I say rushing, trying to get away from the attractive boy i'd just embarrassed myself in front of. 'Thankyou again but I better get going.'
'No please, if you don't feel safe stay here with me for a bit.' He says concerned still.
'Nooo, I can't do that, you've already done enough for me i'll be fine. You've probably got something to do anyway.' I reply
'I don't want you or anyone to feel unsafe. Please let me at least walk you home.' He says trying to convince me.
'Okay, yeh okay, if that's okay with you ofcourse.' I reply with an uplift of tone in my voice.
'okay great.' he says smiling goofily.
We start walking towards my apartment block. The walk is silent but the good kind. Every now and then, he would ask how I was feeling and to be quite honest, i'd kind of forgot what had shook me up. I just felt safe.
'Okay, we're here' I say as we arrive at the front of my apartment block.
'You live quite close to me!' He exclaims quite excitedly. I instantly sensed the regret of him using so much enthusiasm.
'We'll have to meet up then!' I reply trying to use the equal amount of excitement he used. His face lit up.
'yeh! See you around...' he stopped realising he doesn't know my name.
'y/n' I say smiling.
'George' He says
'See you around George.' I reply, turning round and heading back into my apartment block.

————————————————————————
Hi! thankyou so much for reading chapter 1 :) this is my first EVER book so i hope you enjoy! Feel free to comment any criticism to help me improve my writing and i hope you have a great day or night! I love you and know your worth!

words- 1658