Ch 49 Y/N No More

Y/N POV

I open my scroll and bring everyone into a call.

Jaune: "Y/N, where are you?!"

Y/N: "In Ironwood's office."

Nora: "What's wrong with your voice?"

Y/N: "No time, I need you all to get to Ruby. She is hurt badly and needs medical attention."

Oscar: "What about you?"

Y/N: "Need to take care of Salem."

Ozpin: "She's here?!!"

Ren: "Oz you're back!"

Ozpin: "Y/N, wait there and I'll help you."

Y/N: "No, I need to do this alone."

Ozpin: "Don't be suicidal! You don't stand-"

I hang up on everyone but Yang.

Y/N: "Yang."

Yang: "Yeah?"

Y/N: "Take care of Ruby."

Yang: "Y/N, please... don't leave her."

Y/N: "I'm sorry."

I hang up and crush my scroll since I won't be needing it anymore. I look at Ruby and see her crying.

Ruby: "Please."

Y/N: "I love you."

I jump out the window and land in front of Salem.

Salem: "You are making a big mistake."

Y/N: "I don't care. I will stop you."

3rd POV

Y/N drops to the ground and screams out in pain as his body transforms. His hands bend and contort into paws with long razor sharp claws at the end; his heels move upwards to match that of canine's. He arches his back up as part of his spine pop out and form spikes like a Ursa Major. A snake headed tail springs out from him and is all F/C. To finish off his transformation his face elongates to that of a Sabyr and two large canines grow from his mouth. Y/N lets out a otherworldly roar and looks at Salem.

Salem: "Finished?"

*meanwhile with Ruby*

Ruby looks at the ring Y/N gave her and sees the F/C glow fully go out. She pulls her hand close to her and cries at the second loss of Y/N. Yang and the others make it to Ruby with Yang and Jaune sitting next to her.

Yang: "Jaune."

Jaune: "Already on it."

Jaune uses his semblance to heal Ruby of her wounds. When her wounds close Yang picks her up and begins walking out of the room.

Ozpin: "We must go and help Y/N."

They make their way to where their friend is in hopes to provide him support.

*back with Y/N*

Salem makes a sword and rushes at the Grimm Y/N. He stands on his back legs and slashes at her. The attacks connect and they cut through her flesh, but she ignores them and swings her sword. His snake tail blocks the attack while he lowers his head and attempts to bite Salem. She uppercuts him and knocks him away; he runs at her and dodges as she brings her blade down. His snake tail bites her wrist which makes her kick him. He bites her ankle and takes off running; he bursts through walls with the debris hitting Salem in her face. She raises her sword and swings it severing the snake tail. He roars in pain letting her go and allowing her to get to her feet.

Salem cracks her neck and readies a ball of magic. She throws it while he runs at her heading straight through her attack. The attack makes contact and goes off engulfing the whole area in the elements. Y/N springs to his feet and dashes for Salem. He swings his claws with Salem catching them, he swipes with his other arm and cuts her stomach. She groans in pain but he uses this moment to hook his claws under her chin, flip her over his shoulder and slams her back onto the ground. He gets in front of her grabs her left arm and brutally rips it off. Salem shouts in agony while Y/N grabs her other arm and does the same thing.

Salem: "I am immortal, you can't kill me!"

Y/N grabs ahold of her head and slowly but forcibly removes Salem's head from her shoulders. Salem's body emits a black mist as Y/N raises her head above him and roars in victory.

*meanwhile with Ruby*

We make it outside and reach Y/N to see him holding Salem's severed head. I get out of Yang's arms, look at the ring and see a faint flicker. I look at the creature before me and walk to it.