𝐭𝐰𝐨

"Welcome back, sister." The lively seventeen-year-old smiled as she ran into her sister-in-law's room and jumped on the bed.

Bashira's eyes fluttered open as she contemplated laughing or crying. She'd just gotten in from her flight less than two hours ago and was finally getting into a good REM of sleep. She was enjoying all the bliss that was time without her husband.

Until she was interrupted.

"Wake up," Shuri laughed, laying down on her back. "I wish to hear all about New York."

"It's windy." Bashira sighed, hugging her pillow and smothering her face and head into the satin material. "And overpopulated."

Shuri rolled her eyes. "You just don't like people."

"I like a few," a small smile crept on her face as the two women shared a laugh. "But can we not have this discussion later, my dear sister?"

Bashira loathed being married to T'Challa. Absolutely abhorred it. However, if there was one thing that she loved about her union to the crowned prince of Wakanda, it was his younger half-sister.

Shuri always did gravitate to her but the marriage between Bashira and T'Challa only seemed to solidify their bond. And it wasn't as if the older woman objected: she needed a sister who was actually loyal.

"Why?" Shuri moaned. "I wish to get to you before my brother returns."

Bashira sighed into the pillow. "We both know that he will send for me at the last possible moment."

Bashira hated that Shuri knew of the discord in her marriage; however, she hadn't told the teenager anything. No, Shuri herself picked up on it, recognizing the forced interactions and displays of affection. She saw that neither husband or wife loved each other, that they were miserable but also that they were stuck with each other.

And all because of some alleged vision from Bast.

"Not necessarily," Shuri chimed. "You two are returning from a business trip. The council will want to be briefed."

Bashira quietly groaned as she realized she would have to attend the council meeting with him, standing beside him. Pretending as though they were this united front.

"Yes, but he will not be back until tomorrow-"

"Tomorrow? Sister, he is set to return this evening."

At that, Bashira's eyes shut open. "W-what?"

"He did not tell you?" Shuri nodded with a confused expression. "I was wondering what the point of you coming home before him was when he's set to return the same day, just different times."

"You know that your brother and I do not do well in the same vicinity for long periods of time," she muttered and turned on her back. Bashira said nothing but she partially agreed with Shuri. It made no sense for them to return at separate times. However, she remembered how she ditched the dinner and realized that it was his way of punishing her while still getting his sexual appetite satisfied.

She wondered if Nakia was already in the hotel when she left. She didn't put it past her husband and sister. They'd do anything to be together.

"Sometimes I think that you two could really learn to love each other. If you tried-""

"I could never love him, Shuri." She cut off the mere suggestion with ease. "And he could never love me. Not when Nakia is still in the picture."

There was something about being married to a man who was in love with your sister.

"Well, you are the princess of Wakanda. That gives you seniority over her." Shuri commented, the tips of her fingers pulling at the blankets. "You could always banish her or imprison h-"