Chapter 2 - Lynette

Walking back to meet up with my brother, I was still in denial over the fact the one girl I dislike the most was my soulmate. How can you hate somebody who is destined to be your lover from the very start? This is why all this whole soulmate shenanigans is stupid. Our world would be perfectly fine without these "destined partners". I don't really see the point of them.

I was snapped out of my internal monologue by the irritating voice of my twin brother.

"Soooo.... Whatchya thinking about?" he says staring up at me innocently.

"Definitely not thinking about wasting my money on you if that's what you were asking"

"Oh come on, not even one churro? Pleeease?"

"No Marcus, if you got a job then you would be able to pay for your own food" I said in a tone suggesting the argument was finished.

We continue walking aimlessly for a little while before we decide to head back home. During the bus trip I kept finding myself staring at my brother's soulmark. Across his wrist in fancy swirly writing were the words "Are you afraid of racoons?". In my opinion he was very lucky to have such a small unnoticeable mark. Many people like me had extremely noticeable soulmarks. Soulmarks came in many different shapes and sizes. Some people had their soulmates' first words written on their wrist while others were missing a sense until they meet their soulmate. For me I have my soulmate's first touch as a dark mark on my skin. Unfortunately, it is a handprint on my cheek. My friends love to guess how that would be play out, often guessing what I would do that was in their words "slap worthy". I guess I now know. Speaking of my friends, I should tell them what happened.

Me: guess what happened today

GucciRipOff: wut?

theQueen: spill the te4a

theQueen: *tea

Sauron: yeah zombie, tell us what's got the undead all excited?

Me: I met my soulmate today

Me: in a haunted house of all places

theQueen: 0.o

Sauron: how fitting

Sauron: is he your insomniac zombie husband?

Me: *she

Me: she's a girl

Sauron: whoops soz

GucciRipOff: when are we gonna meet her?

GucciRipOff: also what she look like?

theQueen: was it love at first sight????

Me: uh no,

Me: she's actually the girl I despise the most in the world...

Sauron: oooh snaaaap

Sauron: Meela was it?

theQueen: Michelle?

GucciRipOff: Neeko?

Me: not even close

Me: it's Meeka

Me: *Mika

Me: autocorrect attacked

theQueen: so this Mika girl

Sauron: what she look like?

theQueen: is she a cutie?

GucciRipOff: a hottie?

GucciRipOff: your dream gurl?

Me: umm, she's kinda cute

Me: I mean like she's just normal, you know?

Me:I Have to go, my stop is here

theQueen: HeeEy don't run away!!

Sauron: tell us all the juicy details!

GucciRipOff: and shes gone

I turned my phone to silent as I jumped off the bus. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts as I reflected on today. How did we know for certain Mika and I were soulmates? We literally hated each other. It made no sense. Thinking about it was giving me a headache so I decided to push it to the back of my mind. We could always just avoid each other.