Prologue

Dim light was engulfing two lions, one dark and one light. The darker female was curled up and asleep. The male was sitting up and twiddling with his claws. His red mane was curled around his shoulders and a small whistle of wind fluttered it around, just barely. He looked to the plump shape curled up. The male closed his eyes and stood up. He needed to take a walk. It was only about a month ago when Rani had told him-

     It was dark, and the stars glittered against the moonless, black sky. "Kion! Come on, we need to talk!" Rani raced up to his side as he was lapping up some water from a nearby watering hole. Kion perked up his ears, slightly panicked. "What?! What's wrong?!" Rani let out a purr. That was a good sign. "Nothing, I just have to talk with you. Royal Matters, Kion." she had put on a voice. Rani wasn't normally this...joke-y. He raised a brow, extremely confused. "Erm...are you okay...?" he said slowly. Rani pushed her muzzle to his neck. "Better than that." she whispered. "I have a feeling." she let out another purr. "What kind of feeling?" Kion was extremely confused, still. "Enlighten me, WHAT is going on?" Kion made a face. "Your are such an idiot! I'm expecting cubs Kion!" she rolled her eyes. Kion was shocked. "You mean-"

     "WOAH!!!" Kion yelped in surprise as he splashed into a puddle. The mud from the small puddle was clinging annoyingly to his legs. He stepped back and glared to the puddle. His reflection glared back. He didn't pull back however, and drew his gaze to his scar. He rolled his shoulder's back. We all have our scars, Kion...Si si ni sawa. The memory hovered over him for quite a bit. He nodded and walked away without splashing the water in anger. He cleaned the mud off of his legs before going back to the moss bed. "Hi Kion..." Rani muttered. "Where'd you go..." she said drowsily. "Out for a walk. Couldn't sleep." the king replied. Rani muttered something that Kion didn't catch. He curled up next to her and finally fell into a deep sleep.

     Kion was falling into a deep sink hole, ever so deep. He roared for help, but no one answered. He twisted and spun and fell, deeper and deeper into the never ending abyss. He finally hit the bottom. It was cold, grey stone. He could feel it, as though it wasn't a dream. A screech sounded from above. "Kion! Help me!!!" the words echoed all the way down to Kion. He tried to yell back, but his voice was broken, he couldn't make any noise at all. He was suddenly transported to the one who was yelling "Help!" like a monkey screaming. It was Rani. "Get away from me!" she roared, lashing out with a paw. "Rani-" he spoke, but his voice was not his own. It sounded familiar, and horrible, bringing back buried memories. "What is wrong Rani?" he tried. His voice still sounded odd. He narrowly avoided a small pool of water. "Rani it's me! Kion!" he said in his not-voice. "Your an idiot! Of course your not Kion! I don't know how your alive or in an actual body, but you are not Kion!" Rani roared back. Kion glanced down at the puddle. Rani was right. He was dark furred with a black mane, and a narrow muzzle with a scar across his eye. He was Scar. He had morphed into Scar, with some magic. Si si ni sawa Kion! We are the same! Though your made of flesh and I'm made of flame!!! Scar roared through his head. "No Scar! I will never, never be like you!" he yelled out loud. Voices echoed through his brain. Mufasa's, Simba's, Nala's, Rani's Parents' and more roared "Destinies will clash! The world will change! Prepare for war, Kion, prepare for war! Prepare for choice! Your new home or your old, prepare for war!" They chanted those words through his brain over, and over, and over. "Prepare for war!" Scar's face appeared in the water again. "Be prepared!" he screeched, his laugh fading away. 

     He jolted awake. The sun was starting to rise. Rani had just woken up and was stretching. Kion narrowed his eyes in thought. Rani's belly swayed as she glanced back to Kion and turned to speak with him. "Your awake." she said. "There's a slight problem. We have a few lionesses from the Pride Lands here..." Kion stood up. "Oh?" his voice stayed strong, but he shivered mentally. Be prepared Kion...everything is about to change... Mufasa's voice echoed through Kion's skull.

     I will, Grandfather. I will.