Even Though It Hurts

AUBREY LENONAIR SILENTLY

AUBREY LENONAIR SILENTLY... wipes the salty wet tears from her face, careful of the bruise that was now forming under her eye. The young woman hastily stood up walking as quickly and quietly as she could to her five-year-old daughters' room. After packing a bag for herself and her daughter Aubrey takes the little purple flower she had hidden in her vanity and began crushing it until a powder like consistency was formed. Knowing the consequences, she took the powder into her hand before walking towards the bed, blowing the toxic powder right into the face of Joshua Uley. The sleeping man wrinkled his nose before turning the other way.

Aubrey gently grabbed her daughter before hurrying out of the house and into her truck, eagerly speeding towards the police station. She could already feel her body starting to weaken due to her direct contact with the wolfsbane but was relieved to know that she still had at least four hours to get her baby girl away safely. Once she finally arrived at the police station she could feel the sweat dripping down her face, soaking through her t-shirt. She softly took the small girl into her arms, reluctantly walking into the police station.

Charlie Swan was alerted of someone's presence when the bell rang out causing his head to instantly shoot up. He quickly ran towards the woman in worry, his eyes analyzing the dark bruises, the deep cuts that harbored her beautifully tan skin, and the tears that threatened to fall from her dark brown eyes. "Miss, are you okay? Can you tell me what happened?" He asks as calmly as he can. "I'm fine, but I need you to take her, she's safer without me." Aubrey cries, tears rolling down her face for what felt like the hundredth time that night.

"I can help you miss just please tell me your name. You don't have to lose your daughter." Charlie tries. "I can't. I'm so sorry, but I can't." She sobs. "Please just take her." Aubrey begs moving the confused young girl towards him. "Are you sure his is what you want ma'am?" He questions hoping she changes her mind. "I have to give her, her best chance." She replies softly.

"I love you, my littlest wolf. May we meet again someday my beautiful baby." Aubrey whispers into the small child's ear. "I love you too, mommy." The little girl whispers back, gently placing her hand on her mother's cheek. Aubrey reluctantly hands her daughter to Charlie. "Does she have a name?" He asks, gently taking the girl into his arms. "Her name is Anika, Anika Lebonair." She replies before walking out.

Aubrey sped back home with only one thought in her mind. Tonight, was the night that Joshua Uley must die. She entered and was instantly met with a furious Joshua Uley. "What the hell did you do? Where is my daughter." He instantly yelled. "I did what I had to in order to keep MY DAUGHTER safe." She screamed back. "You stupid slut." He yelled lunging towards her but missing due to the weakness caused by the wolfsbane.

"Do it Josh shift but we both know there is no coming back from it for either of us." She taunts, knowing just the right buttons to push. "Couldn't take care of your son why should it be any different for your daughter, right Jay?" She continues. "Don't talk about my son you stupid bitch." He yelled before phasing into his dull and faded wolf form, Aubrey throws herself to the floor getting out of the way just in time.

She menacingly stood back up feel the blood that was now dripping from her eyes

She menacingly stood back up feel the blood that was now dripping from her eyes. She focuses on every ounce of pain and torment that Joshua had ever put her through, but the thought of what he could have done to Anika is what set her off causing her to phase with the risk of never being able to shift back again.

 Aubrey quickly lunges her teeth snapping at Joshua

Aubrey quickly lunges her teeth snapping at Joshua. He does his best to to fight her off, but the Lebonair line is much stronger than any other shifter family. Her size and strength no match for his smaller wolf. Soon her teeth sink into his throat, she locks her jaw, clenching harder until she feels the snap of his trachea, the sound was music to her ears. The only problem was no matter how hard she tried she couldn't shift back.

Charlie looked down at the small girl in his arms and instantly fell in love with her chocolate brown eyes, memories of holding his daughter flashed through his mind and he knew he couldn't let the small child end up in the foster system

Charlie looked down at the small girl in his arms and instantly fell in love with her chocolate brown eyes, memories of holding his daughter flashed through his mind and he knew he couldn't let the small child end up in the foster system. Charlie made the easiest choice he ever had to make and decided to keep the russet skinned girl.