M O V I N G

ONE - Introduction

You'd think that having rich parents was the life to live. But in reality, it sucks. Rich parents are selfish. They have children that they don't even want but they keep to avoid the guilt.

Reagans whole life growing up has been nothing but neglection, loneliness and shame. The only time she found comfort was when she was in bed with a guy. They showed her attention. The only time she got attention from her parents was when they were slut shaming her.

Reagan had no say in the move to a new town. Her parents didn't really care in all honesty. It was a business move they were desperate to make.

Reagan

Everyday I wake up asking why they couldn't simply just give me away. There was no point on having a child they weren't interested in caring for. No point in having a child you just talk down on.

In my life, I had no one to talk too. No one in my school wanted to associate themselves with me and I'm an only child. My parents are ashamed of me and I'm not close with my other family members. Their parents are actually proud of them.

It sucks that I have to leave the old town behind but then again, thinking deeper, it doesn't really bother me. I had no honest connection with that place.

*****

This house, much like the last was spacious and empty. Sure there was furniture but with a home as big as this, with no one but you and yourself, it was practically empty.

The hallways ran real long, there stairs were real long, even the doors were real long. It was honestly kind of creepy. It took forever to get places and by time I ended back in my room, I was exhausted.

I start school in few days. Not really excited considering that I'm new but even if I wasn't I probably wouldn't care.

******

My parents are having one of their ridiculous business meetings. They had those frequently and usually thats when I was out with some guy or something.

Not being able to find any guys, none that looks trustful atleast, I walked into a bar. It was nice. Big. Had blue and purple lights shining down. There wasn't many people in here. Maybe about five or six people besides the bartenders.

I looked around.

"Can I help you?" A raspy voice asked. I looked up to see a lady. She had black hair, dark tanned skin, and tattoos. Her skin complexion made both her eyes and hair stand out.

"Um yeah. What's good?" I shrugged.

"I have to see your ID first," she smiled.

I digged in my pocket and took out my phone. On the back on a little wallet for all my cards.

"Here," I gave it to her.

"Oh, this a celebration? Where's your parent's?" She asked.

I sighed. "Where's yours?"

She scoffed. "Someplace getting fucked up. Drug addicts. Whats your excuse?"

"Rich dickheads who couldn't give a shit."

"Not worse," the bartender shrugged.

"Try me."

"My parents are drug addicts. When my brother and I were younger they'd use us as ash tray," she smiled.

"Well when I was six years old I almost drowned in a pool. Neither of them wanted to save me," I shrugged. "I had to wait for the housekeeper to save me."

"Jeez. They might've burned us but never tried to kill us," she lifted her brows.

"Have your slut shamed you?"

"No. Yours do?"

"Everyday," I smiled. "They love calling me a worthless slut. Every family event they make it known that I'm an embarrassment."

"Jeez. My parents knew they were fucked up. Tried to help themselves but..." she shrugged. "So my brother and I left once he became a junior in college. He started teaching and I started working in a bar."

"Your brothers a teacher?" I laughed.

"Yup. And he's passionate about it," she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Damn. It must suck. He's all smart and shit," I laughed.

"Suprisingly he isn't that bad," she tilted her head. "He's actually pretty cool except for when he's in teacher mode," she rolled her eyes.

"Well I never really get along with teachers," I shrugged. "They don't like me, and I don't like him."

She chuckled. "Me neither." She took out a shot glass out and poured a little something in it. "Since your birthday is tomorrow, here." She slide me the glass. "Don't tell anyone."

I smiled. "Kind of ironic how your parents are drug addicts and you work at a bar."

"Very I-" she stopped. "Sorry my brother is calling."

She went to the side for a little bit. After a few minutes she came back.

"Hey look I'm off in a few minutes. Someone else is going to come and take my shift," she smiled.

"Okay, cool," I smiled back.

"What's your name?" She asked. "I didn't really read it off the ID."

"Reese. Reagan Reese," I said dramatically.

She lightly laughed. "Bailey. Devin Bailey."

We shook each others hand.

"See you around," she said before going to the back.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Weak introduction chapter but it heats up eventually lol.