D I E

Stephan

Reagan hasn't been to school in a week and it is honestly worrying me. I thought about getting her address from the school and checking up on her. But, I wasn't sure if it had been smart. Plus, it's honestly none of my business.

But then again, as an educator, it is. One of my students isn't in class and I need to know why.

•••••

It's later in the day and the school's empty. As I was packing up my bag, I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Hello?" I called out. I looked down the hall from in the class but didn't see anyone. I shrugged it off.

"Stephan."

I looked up and saw Cristie in nothing but a trench coat and some heels.

I sighed. "What is this?"

"What?" She titled her head. "You love my suprises."

"I also love when you don't sleep with my father but," I shrugged. "Can't have it my way all the time, now can I?"

She sighed. "Stephan please," she begged. "Let's work on this." She walked closer to me.

"I'm not having this conversation again. Leave me alo-"

"Uh Stephan?" I looked up to see Labelle. "Everything um..everything okay?"

"Labelle," Cristie greeted.

"Labelle can you please escort Ms. Fields out. I think she's lost."

"Ms. Fields?" Cristie repeated.

"We're getting a divorce remember?"

Cristie stomped her foot before storming out. She's such a child sometimes.

••••••

During my lunch break I got hold of Reagan's address.

I'm currently sitting in my car contemplating if I should knock on this huge door or not. Literally and figuratively. She wasn't okay and I feel like that night was her breaking point.

But...I'm concerned.

I went up to the door and took a big knock.

"Mr. Bailey?" Reagan opened the door in nothing but a hot pink bikini. Her hair looked a little messy and she had black sunglasses on. She was even drinking an orange juice in a martini glass.

"Reagan," I lightly smiled. "Hi."

"What?" She had little emotion in her voice.

"Are you doing okay?" I asked her. That was when I noticed her wrist and the bandage covering it. "Did you-" I reached for her arm but she pulled it back.

"I'm fine!" She shouted. "It's nothing. I just got hurt cutting up a pineapple or something," she mumbled that last part. "What do you want?" She spat.

"Reagan if you're thinking about-"

"Listen," she shouted. "I don't need you coming to my house asking me if I'm okay. I don't need you too. You have your own problems go worry about them." After that she slammed the door.

"Look, I know how you feel. I've been where you are. Feeling alone and like no one is there for you. Feeling like ending it all. And I know you might not think so but there are people that care. I mean it might be harder for you but," I chuckled. Yeah, it was a tad bit inappropriate. "I'm...I'm sorry. That was...inappropriate. Look, just don't do anything stupid, okay? You're worth more than that." 

Reagan

Whatever.

It was all bullshit.

I can't think of one person that cares. Least he could have said was he cared. I might not have believed it but it would've made me feel better.

I tried to do it but I didn't cut deep enough. My wrist wasn't even the only attempt. And before Bailey got here I was crying. Luckily I through on those sunglasses.

This entire week I had been trying.

Not enough pills.

Not a deep enough cut.

Would try and jump off the roof but that wouldn't help because the house isn't that tall.

I've just had enough. No more of this lonely sappy life. My existence isn't even appreciated for christ sakes.