Chapter 33

"Mizu doragon no saikuron (Water Dragon's Cyclone)"

Lyra clasped her cut hands together for a split second before slowly opening them once more. Water quickly rose from the ground where Misaki stood, spiraling around her in unreal speed. It became larger and larger, to the point where she could no longer be seen in the cyclone. The blonde placed her left hand around her wrist for extra support, hoping to keep the spell up for longer.

''Come on Lyra...just for a bit longer..." She said through gritted teeth, the strain clear in her voice.

With a puff of air, she released the spell. Her hands fell back to her sides, the water following the movement. The brunette fell to her knees, her chest puffing up and down, desperate for oxygen. She just needed 5 more seconds...5 more seconds and the battle would've been over.

"Stop holding...back blondie..." She stated in between breaths, annoyance clear in her words.

"Shut...up"

The two once again engaged in hand to hand combat, attack after attack.

"Mizu doragon no ken (Water Dragon's Fist)"

The blonde retracted her water covered arm, preparing for a punch. She swung her fist, aiming for Misaki's stomach. The water coated her fist like a gauntlet, a perfect fit. Right before she could make contact with her stomach, the gauntlet of water flew off her hand and slammed right onto its target. This powerful impact sent the brunette flying, her back colliding with a thick tall tree. Blood dripped out the sides of her mouth, showing exactly how powerful the strike had been.

"Rin and I have always dreamt of being a dragon slayer..." Her body fell to the ground, her back leaning against the trunk, "...Gajeel Redfox and Laxus Dreyer...We looked up to those mages granted with the ability to be taugh by a dragon...You are a pathetic excuse of a Dragon Slayer."

Those words hit the blonde like a sword impaling your heart. She knows Misaki is simply playing with her mind, but she could not help but notice the truth in those words.

"You have been given such a strong power but you're simply wasting it! That stupid bracelet you have is slowly eating your magic...I will kill anyone who disgraces Dragon Slayers"

Her scratched body once again disappeared, the air becoming thick with tension. Lyra clenched her fist, the small fringe shadowing her bright eyes. Her teeth clenched, the brunette's way of disappearing truly annoyed her. A blade glistened as the sun's ray reflected off the sharp metal. It lay a few feet away from Lyra, practically tempting her to utilize it. She made her way to the deadly weapon, squatting down to the ground. The thick long blade imbedded the Heart Kreuz symbol and intricate designs, looking both deadly and beautiful. This is the sword from the famous 'Kureha no Yoroi' (Black Wing Armour) belonging to Erza Scarlet, perfect for combat and not simply as a decor.

Her sensitive hears heard everything loud and clear. The heavy breathing...the light footsteps...Her position is perfect. It looked as if her guard is down, completely vulnerable to every attack. But she did not expect for Misaki to move in such a fast pace, the underestimation may just be the cause of her downfall. The brunette spoke words an ancient language only the elders would know. She proceeded to land a hand on her back, the gentle touch almost ghostly. But the smallest things can cause the largest pain. It sourced from her back, the blood circulating her veins burning like acid. The excruciating feeling would have caused anyone to fall unconscious, but the blonde knew better than to give up. Her hand gripped the handle of the powerful weapon and instantly twirled around.

Misaki's violet irises widened, the life slipping away every passing second. Her head slowly glanced down to her stomach; the blade impaling her stomach is absolutely disgusting. It sliced right where the bruise from Lyra's earlier attack had formed, blood poured out of her body like a waterfall. The blood from her shoulder still spilled, but the addition of this attack is fatal. She is dead, and the blonde is aware of this.

"At least I...died to...please Reina" Misaki believed the Master is okay with killing her twin sister; she believed that is what she wanted. She owed her life to Reina; she saved her during her time of need. But Reina does not know a single thing about this invasion; the entire thing is lead by Rin.

She can no longer pretend the agonizing pain is not there, it hit her hard. The blonde slowly stood up, her left hand clutching her hip for extra support.

"I see Misaki finally placed her spell on you, which took quite a while" That voice, you can practically hear the smirk on her lips.

(Refer to Chapter 11)

She stood with such precise posture, her feet firmly on the ground and spine straight. Her hands hang onto her sides, clenching the fingers into a tight fist. Her blonde wavy locks slightly flew as wind passed through the strands. A shadow formed over her eyes as her lips remained in a frown. Her clothing is ripped as blood stained the fabric. The female's usual pale skin is decorated with patches of crimson, blood....But not her blood.

Another woman, Rin, stood across from the blonde. Her shoulder length brown hair is cut perfectly away from her face for a better vision. An iron gauntlet adorned her right hand as a matching silver blade is on her left. A smirk appeared at her lips, she is unharmed. Beside this woman is a similar looking girl, Misaki, but she is definitely harmed. Her clothes are tattered as her hair messily spread on the cracked floor. A thick blade impaled into her stomach as blood formed below her in a puddle. She looked exactly like the standing brunette, except her hair is longer.

The blonde's posture began to falter. Her previous straight spine arched as her knees shook. The woman continuously told herself to stand, but her body just wouldn't listen.

"Pathetic" The brunette woman whispered, "Is the Great Lyra finally giving up?"

"I will protect...Fairy Tail...Even if it costs my life"

Suddenly, the ground beneath her shook. Blue surrounded the blonde, like a tornado with a female in the centre. The brunette narrowed her dark violet eyes as she recognized this strong magic emitting from the female. Her circular pupils began to form a different shape. Replacing the circle is a simple black slit, similar to a dragon's.

"Dragon-force" The woman with the iron gauntlet whispered.

Silence.

Everything became silent.

The ground stopped shaking.

The blue tornado died down.

The strong aura of power can no longer be felt.

She is ultimately helpless, her magic is no more. The energy once coursing through her veins faded, leaving only a vulnerable girl.

What caused this?

Well, of course Rin would not just sit by while Lyra begins a powerful spell. The brunette stood behind the blonde, her iron gauntlet tracing down the lines of her black faded tattoo.

"These lacrimas are such a pain; let me help you with the removal"

Those unique multicoloured irises instantly darkened...The life practically being sucked out of her.

"Pathetic, even with lacrimas you are weak...that is why you deserve to be dead"