14

Tom turned his phone off with a smile covering his face. He had just spent talking a good two hours to y/n, and he had to admit, he hadn't had that pleasant of a conversation with anyone in a long time. It was just so easy to talk to her. It might be partly because it was only texts. But still, she was funny, sweet, and so pretty...

Unbeknown to himself, he was falling a little bit for y/n. Although, maybe he did feel it coming. The idea of getting another text from her made his face heat up. The idea of seeing her in class the next day almost made him... giddy. And it's only been a day.

"Hey, man," there came a knock on his door. "Better hide anything that would make it awkward between us cause I'm coming inside in 3-2-1-"

"'S all good," Tom said right as Harrison walked through the door.

"We're gonna order pizza, what do you want?"

"Just the usual, I guess,' Tom shrugged. Honestly, he didn't really feel like eating pizza but to be the only one that wasn't having any wasn't a good strategy either.

"Alright, then." As quickly as he walked in, Harrison was also leaving the room. But he peeked his head through the door once more before actually walking away.

"Hey, are you sure you're good?" Harrison looked at him through narrow eyes.

"Yeah," Tom answered as he prodded himself to sit up. "Why?"

"I don't know... Nevermind." And with that, Harrison left to share Tom's order.

It was a rare occasion that all the house members would be at home on a night that wasn't reserved for a party. That night, when it came to dinner, it was around 8 of them. Everyone was already sitting on the couches when Tom came downstairs to grab his pizza. He grabbed a chair and his box and sat down. A football game was playing on tv, and it made Tom roll his eyes. He still had no real idea of how football was supposed to work. He always preferred golf or basketball, or even baseball.

The guys cheered at a touchdown or whatever but all Tom could focus on was his phone. He kept checking if there were any notifications from y/n. So far, there was nothing. She was probably busy, he told himself, not wanting to feel too disappointed.