ghost of you

Will's POV:

The ringing in my ears registers before anything else. Then, the pain of the gunshot in my chest does. It's too far down to kill me. Any moment Nico will be here and take me back to camp. It'll be ok. He'll take me back and Kayla will help. It's not the worst I've been through, I'll make it. Hopefully. Distantly, I hear Nico rush over to me.

"Do you think I'll make Elysium?" I ask him, with it getting hard to breath

"Don't talk that way, Will. You're gonna make it,"

"I'm really tired. I don't know if I will" My eyes almost close

"Will stay with me," Nico pleads and I force my eyes open, "C'mon that's it, keep your eyes open. Can you walk?" To which I just shake my head no.

I feel some kind of pressure, probably him holding the skin together. I feel the cool rush of the shadows. Normally, I wouldn't like him shadow-traveling, but this is an exception. It gets warm around us again and the slight scent of strawberries tells me where we are. Home. Camp. I'll live. I have to. I faintly hear him yelling for help while running. The door to the infirmary opens and they all go into panic mode. I mean, who would hurt their dear brother? I don't know. Who did shoot me? I'll find out later. There's yelling all around me, and then the pain becomes too much. It feels as if there is lead in my eyelids, forcing them to close and fall asleep, maybe forever.

Nico POV:

"Someone get the door!"

"What the hell happened?" Kayla yells as she rushes to help, Austin running out to probably get Chiron. I can sense her panic, as much as she is trying to hold it together. A few other people come in and start freaking out and yelling, all while I am still holding Will, who is actively bleeding out.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Chiron yells, which he rarely does causing everyone to immediately stop talking and look over. "It doesn't matter who or what did this, we have a camper bleeding out. Nico, bring him into that room, you people, get ready to operate," I bring him into the room and place him down onto the bed. His skin had lost most of its color, his freckles standing out even more against his normally tan skin. I stand there looking at him and pressing down on the hole as a kid I've never met before comes up next to me.

"I need to take over for you now, you did good," They say, muffled by the mask they're wearing. I just nod and walk out seeing Kayla, Austin, and a few others scrubbing their hands and arms to go take care of him. I look up, realizing I was in a chair in the waiting area, and see Chiron, trying to talk to me.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"You don't need to apologize. Can you tell me what happened?"

"He got shot, I think by his mom but I'm not really sure,"

"That's ok. I need to go help them in there but do you want me to have somebody who isn't in there get someone for you," He asks

"Percy or Jason" I tell him and he walks away. A few minutes later, Percy walks in and closes the door behind himself. He comes over and tries to talk to me but I don't hear him. The guilt weighing me down. He shakes my shoulder and I look up.

"What happened Neeks? You weren't supposed to be back until after Christmas,"

"Will-"

"Did he break up with you?" I shake my head, "Did he hurt you?" again, I shake my head no,

"He was shot," I whisper out in between my tears. Percy just hugs me and I cry until I can't anymore. He eventually takes in the state that I'm in, slightly shocked.

"How do you feel about getting you cleaned up?" He asks me and I nod barely registering what's going on. He walks to the bathroom with me and stands there while I wash the blood off my hands and arms.