Chapter 22: Nairo Meets Mokali

Nairo nodded, then gasped as a shock went through him. It was like his veins had been filled with ice water. He shuddered and shook as the feeling washed through him. He groaned and cursed at the sensation. Then it was gone, as if he'd sprung a leak and the feeling drained away. He heard Libidine cackling and he was annoyed.

"Can you explain what that was?" Nairo snipped,

"Peace, peace, dear boy. That was unexpected to be sure, but very good. You just became much more powerful. You became a godslayer, and the world has taken notice."

Ra looked to Nairo with a puzzled look, like he knew the boy but couldn't place where he knew him.

"You are a spirit bearer?" The dragon asked as he had a 'glare' on his face.

Nairo's eyes went pure rose color and Libidine purred through Nairo's mouth,

"He sure is, dragon." Nairo shook his head, and his eyes went back to brown. "The hell?"

Ra rolled his eyes and placed a paw on his face.

"Not another Spencer..." The dragon muttered, or was it more groaned? Either way he seemed to be annoyed by what he now knows.

Nairo's eyes went wide.

"You know Spencer?" He asked. Before Ra could respond, another roar sounded from behind, closer. They whirled, but the monster was behind a city block. Still, it reminded them that now wasn't the time for conversation.

"Get ready." Ra said, holding a claw out for Nairo. He nodded and walked into it. Ra took Frisk in his other claw. The golden dragon crouched down, then he leapt into the air, seeming to swim through the sky as he lunged skywards. Soon he was circling the city, looking down at the chaos below.

"We need to find a safer place. I only know one place that the gods will not be." Ra said as he started to take off when the winds started to pick up. The dragon seemed to snarl something that made the wind die down. It took a few minutes for them to reach Mount Ebott. The golden dragon flew through the hole and landed. Looking up to make sure no one was following them.

"Yes. I knew Spencer, well before he became my old master's paladin."

"What was he like?" Nairo asked, a small amount of awe in his voice as he stumbled to his feet. Frisk also hopped down, brushing the blood from the side of his face. It came away like a small powder of crimson snow.

"He was foolish and arrogant boy that had no clue how to handle his emotions." Ra said and he shook himself off as he acted like it was no big deal.

"But over time he learned to not be jealous. Unlike yourself." The golden dragon added as he checked up on Frisk.

Frisk did not answer, merely taking off his scarf and wiped his face. He looked up at the sunlight streaming in.

"I'm completely in control of my emotions." Said Frisk, deadpan.

"Not you. Him. He reminds me of Spencer when the journey he and my master had." Ra said as he looked at Nairo with his Emerald eyes.

"Wait, how can you say that? You don't even know my name, let alone who I am." Nairo said and Ra's eyes turned to a glare.

"The way you fought."

"What, I had to psych myself up to fight a god? Yeah, that's because I'm not a dragon. I'm a high school student, not a fire breathing flying snake lizard." Nairo retorted, as if it were obvious. "Just because you don't like that I killed her, doesn't mean I'm not in control. I am perfectly stable, thank you sir." He was a little annoyed by the dragon judging him. What'd he know, he was just a dragon.