Chapter 16

Her eyes suddenly dropped on the ground and swallowed her spit.

"S-Soh-" Hanvei stopped as she was hesitating to make any movement. Sohyun turns around and walks back towards the car.

"Sohyun" Hanvei called, eyelids were droopy, and her lip corners were slightly pulled downward.

Sohyun turn to look at her, pulling her corner lip away from each other and shows her smile "Why?" Sohyun smiled again but her eyes were unhurriedly welling up with water.

"I think it will rain soon. Let just meet him next time" She looked away and quickly walk back.

Hanvei turns back to look at Rowoon and saw that the girl with him earlier was gone. She takes a step toward him but she paused and looked back at Sohyun who was already inside the car, her head was leaning against the headrest while her eyes were shut.

"He was there" Hanvei said as she entered the car. She looked at Sohyun whose eyes were still shut.

"The girl was gone. Let's go back now" Hanvei holds her hand but Sohyun takes away and hides it. She opened her eyes and looked outside the window.

"It's sunny. Why would it rain?" Hanvei gasped, leaned her back, and looked straightly in front of the car.

Sohyun trembly bit her lower lip and popped her fingers one by one, she continued doing it even if there's no sound were released.

"He must be waiting for too long" Hanvei said, sticking her look in front.

"Why?" Hanvei looked at Sohyun

"Why did you do it?" She added.

Sohyun make an eye to eye contact with her for a second and looked away "What kind o-of que--"

"Why did you do it?" Hanvei repeated

"I don't know!" Sohyun cried out and look at her friend with her watery eyes "I don't know" She repeated and shake her head continuously.

Hanvei leaned closer to her and softly hold both of her hands to Sohyun's face. She moved her face to look at her "What is this? ha?" Hanvei smoothly wipes her tears down to her chin.

Sohyun shook her head again and crashed down a single tear "I don't know" Hanvei pulled Sohyun closer for a hug, a comforting tight hug.

"It's okay...It's okay" Hanvei rubbed her back continuously.

Great sobs escaped from Sohyun and cover her face on Hanvei's shoulder.

-

He bowed down and looked at his watch. He constantly looking at it in every minute that has passed and looks around to see if someone arrived at the same destination. It's been one hour since he came but until now, there's still no shadow or footsteps of Sohyun.

A vibrate from his phone gets his attention. He quickly opened it only to find out that it wasn't from someone he was expecting. It's Hanvei.

Rowoon, sorry if Sohyun couldn't make it. Dir. John unexpectedly called her. Sorry again for the late announcement.
-Hanvei

He typed a message.

Where is she now?

but before he can send it, a message again from Hanvei popped up.