dream boy | mingyu

requested by -----

idol: Kim Mingyu [SEVENTEEN]
warnings: none
genre: angst (?) / fluff
plot: [Y/N] fell in love with Mingyu, who he only saw in his dream.
word count: 2966

°

[Y/N] let a sigh slip off from his lips, as he was getting bored from the lesson the teacher was teaching. Not only was he bored, but he couldn't understand it at all. He drummed his fingertips against the Physics book that he long abandoned, trying to keep himself awake. [Y/N]'s eyelids were slowly dropping, a sign that he was getting sleepier.

Knowing that he wasn't even going to listen either way, he decided that taking a nap was the best way to go. Closing the book on his desk, he used his arms to cushion his head, as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

[Y/N] felt his heart beat out of his chest, suddenly feeling himself jolt awake. He opened his eyes to what he expected was, a classroom, but was instead greeted by a vast grassland that vaguely described dreamland. His eyes were blinded by the bright sunlight, which was very different from the artificial light that he was used to.

He immediately looked around, as he was flustered by the fact that the experience felt too real. [Y/N] felt the warm sunlight hit his skin, and it felt too real that he'd think he wasn't dreaming.

"[Y/N]!" Hearing his name being called, he jolted, immediately looking around to find the source of the voice. Yet to his misfortune, he couldn't seem to find it. As he had felt comfort and warmth from the first half, all he was feeling right now was fear.

It wasn't an everyday occurrence to hear your name loud and clear, but not see anyone in sight who would call you. Especially in a field of flowers, where you can't possibly hide. But then again, it was a dream, possibly a nightmare.

"I was looking for you." A warm voice ringed in [Y/N]'s ears as he felt a strong pair of arms gently wrap around his waist, as a body was pressed against him from behind. He immediately froze at the sudden contact from a stranger that weirdly felt familiar. The stranger radiated a comfy energy, and [Y/N] couldn't deny that he indeed felt comfort and warmth.

"W- Who...?" Words slipped from [Y/N]'s lips as he felt the latter's body vibrate from laughter. "Real funny, [Y/N]. It's me. Mingyu. The one and only."

[Y/N] turned around, as he faced the boy, not really having expectations as to what he would look like. [Y/N] mentally gasped at the boy's handsome face as examined the his features, unconsciously staring at the boy's face. He liked how Mingyu's face had sharp details, yet had delicate features that were as soft as a puppy. His face somehow made him feel comforted.

"Stare at me all day if you have to." Mingyu teased, as [Y/N] could feel his face heat up in embarrassment. For some reason, he felt like as if he had known the latter for years, even if he just saw him a few seconds ago. Confusion bubbled up inside him, as he bit his lower lip in anxiousness. He didn't know what to do. But then again, it was just a dream. He could do whatever he wanted.

A smile appeared on his face, as words he didn't expect himself to say, suddenly spilled from his mouth. "Of course I would. Why wouldn't I stare when I missed you so much?" Seeing Mingyu's cheeks dusted with pink, [Y/N] let out a small laugh. He figured out that the latter was easily flustered.

Taking a mental note about it, his sight trailed to the basket the other was holding in his hands. "What's that," [Y/N] asked, he stared at the item, wondering what content was hiding in the basket.