Chapter 13: the mark

Previously on the trio

"Hope stop... Please , Hope please stop , I don't want this ! Josie whimpered.

Hope immediately stops as she looked at Josie with her golden eyes , she hurt Josie , she thought to herself . Hope quickly shook her head as she ran out of the room and wolfed out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope's POV

I couldn't imagine that I did that to Josie. I quickly ran into the forest and wolfed out. Thinking about how I hurt Josie I couldn't even feel the pain when transforming. I quickly start running and running , I didn't care how long I ran , I just needed to run to put my thoughts away. After running for what seemed like an eternity , I decided to walk back slowly. When I reached the place where I left my clothes I realised that I had tore my clothes just now . But there was a new pair of hoodie and sweatpants on the floor beside my torn clothes and there was a small note. I quickly transformed back and I picked it up and read it which said:

Hi! It's Josie , after you wolfed out I followed you but I thought that you needed time to clear your mind , I saw that you tore your clothes so I left you a new pair , don't blame yourself for what happened just now , it's not your fault , just please talk to me , I don't want you to deal with the pain alone.

After that I quickly put on the hoodie and sweatpants. I took my phone to look at what time it was and it realised that it was 2am in the morning and I had been running for 4 hours. So I decided to head back to my room. When I opened the door, I realised that Josie was no longer there , I quickly ran to her room but she was not there too. I started panicking , thinking whether she's in danger until I heard some movements in the kitchen. I slowly walked in and I saw Josie , she was covered in sweat all over and it seemed like she saw something scary, she was pouring herself a cup of milk to calm herself down. I slowly went to her side and I asked her ,  " Hey... Josie are you okay? "

Hope POV end

Josie's POV

After Hope ran away and wolfed out I realised she tore her clothes. I was worried that she wouldn't  have any clothes to wear back , so I went back to her room and got her a new pair of hoodie and sweatpants and I left in on the ground with a note. I went back to Hope's room waiting for her until I fell asleep. Soon I woke up from a nightmare , I was covered with sweat and I was hyperventilating ,I then looked at my hand that had a butterfly mark then I looked around and didn't see anyone so I assumed that Hope was not back , after I calmed myself down , I went downstairs to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of milk , I was still wondering if I should tell Hope about the mark until I heard a very familiar sound " Hey... Josie are you okay? "

Josie's POV end

"Hey... Y-yea... Yea I'm fine." Josie replied with a fake smile.

"Hey... Josie tell me what's wrong... I'm here for you..." Hope said with a worried look on her face.

Hope walked over to Josie's side and gave her a hug and planted a kiss on her forehead. Josie then hugged Hope back and snuggled her head in her neck and soon she realised that tears started flowing down. Hope let Josie go and wiped her tears away as she brought Josie back to her room and tucked her to bed. Hope knew that it was something that Josie didn't want her to know , so she didn't ask anymore. In Hope's mind she was thinking to herself as she looked at Josie , ' you're lying next to me , I'm half asleep , thinking what I did to deserve this- deserve you , and while you're here sleeping , I'm here thinking about what I can do tomorrow to be better for you than I was today.'

After that , Hope cuddled Josie and fell asleep. Soon Hope woke up to her alarm ringing , after she turned off her alarm she look to her side and realised Josie was no longer beside her. But she saw a small note :

Hope , sorry for leaving you alone in your room , I need to talk to Lizzie , I'll talk to you later...
I love you Hope! <3

-your gf ;)

Hope smiled at the later as she got off the bed to get her uniform for school. While she was changing , she realised that there was a butterfly mark on her collarbone , she tried to wipe it away but it didn't , so she quickly ran to Dr Saltzman's Office. Without knocking she opened the door and saw Josie and Lizzie talking to their father.

"Hope , how many time did I say about the knocking?" Alaric said.

"I'm sorry but it's an emergency , I just woke up and i was changing then I saw a butterfly mark on my collarbone , I tried to wipe it away but it didnt work so I came to find you!" Hope exclaimed while walking towards Alaric.

"Hmm... That's weird, Josie and Lizzie came to me this morning saying Josie has a butterfly mark on her hand which happen to appear last night." Alaric said.

Hope looked at Josie with a confused face. As she said " Is that why I saw you in the kitchen last night? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to get worried , I'm sorry..." Josie said with guilt.

"Is there something you guys wanna tell me? Between the both of you?" Alaric said with curiosity written all over his face.

"THEIR DATING!!!" Lizzie exclaimed.

"Lizzie!!!" Hope and Josie shouted in unison.

"WHAT! You guys are dating and you didn't tell me! "Alaric shouted.

"Okay I'll deal with this later , now we got to find out what's with the mark, Hope call Freya , she might know something."

"Okay..." Hope said as she looked at Josie who was blushing like hot pepper.

Hope immediately dials her Aunt Freya's number and she said " Hey Aunt Freya , how are you doing?"

"I'm fine , how's my favourite niece doing? " Freya said.

"Correction , your only niece. Um... There seems to be a problem between me and Josie , We both woke up , to find butterfly marks on our body , what's happening to us Aunt Freya?" Hope said.

"Omg , wait did you say Josie the brunette as in Caroline's daughter?" Freya asked.

"Yes... Why? " Hope asked as she looked at Josie , Alaric and Lizzie who looked confused . She then turned on the speaker , so that they could listen.

" I have read about the marks , I think it's easier if I astral project to you and explain what it is. " Freya answered.

Hope hung up the phone as they waited for Freya to astral project. Soon they see Freya and asked about the mark. Freya explained to them that it is very rare but normally werewolves will mark their mate to show that they are theirs. That's why they have the mark which means they are sort of soulmates. Which also explains why Hope's wolf have been acting up.

"WHAT!! SOULMATES?!" Alaric shouted as he shot up from his seat.

From writer:
OOOooo , soulmates I see , I hope you guys look forward to the next chapter. What do you think will happen next , comment down.
Thank you for reading the story ! :)
I hope you guys will vote for my story if you think it's nice. Thank you soo soon much guyss .

Credits to:
The co-writer for helping with the story.