The Asylum Part 1

"You'll go with me, right Gar?" Rachel pleaded.

Gar did nothing. 

"Gar?"

"I'm sorry Rachel."

Rachel stormed out. She didn't ask for my help, but when she walked away I stood up and yelled at her companions.

"You people disgust me. If you had found a way to see your parents, you would take the chance."

Dick started to protest but I took my right index finger and brought it in front of me to silence him. "No. Stop. I know for a fact that you would, so shut the fuck up Richard. Rachel needs this for herself. If she finds out about her mother, she can learn more about where she came from and be a more self-assured person for you guys. So sit down. And fuck off. Goodbye."

I found Rachel in a glass room. She was staring out the window and brooding.

"Hey Anime Protagonist."

She turned to look at me. "What the fuck?"

"You're staring out the window, looking over the skyline, and brooding. That's an anime protagonist thing." I explained.

"Good to know." She turned back to the window.

I sat down on her left. "I'll go with you. If you want to go find your mother, I mean. If I had a chance to get a normal childhood, I would take it. I would erase everything that happened to me and Jason."

She turned to look at me. "What would you be doing if your parents were alive, (Y/n)?" she asked. "I mean, you don't have to, I know that I met you yesterday and you know me no explanation, but-"

"It's just that you heard me yelling at Dick about Jason, correct?" She looked down. "Yeah." she muttered.

"Well, me and Jason would've lived in a really shitty neighborhood, going to schools that didn't give a fuck about us. I think we could've gotten scholarships to some schools with martial arts courses. We loved competing. We probably would've gotten hurt a lot, but that happens anyway. It would still be tough, but me and him have always looked out for each other. I guess life wouldn't be too different than it was a year ago, before Bruce took us in." I explained. I paused for a sec, micro analyzing every aspect of my life. "What about you?"

"I'd be on a bus, being called a slut, with crazy neighbors who call the cops on me and my mo-, I mean, me and Melissa, every other night. Honestly, getting arrested and finding Dick was the best thing that ever happened to me, but I want to find out what could've been, you know?" she sighed.

We sat in silence for a minute, just staring at each other's eyes, the doorway to the soul, each one trying to figure the other's shit out before a "Hi." came from behind us. It was Gar.

Rachel looked back out the window.

Timeskip because I forgot how this scene went and honestly, I don't want to type it, so yeah.

"Are you sure about this (Y/n)? Me and Gar are going in, but you don't have to if you don't want to. We kind of just dragged you into our lives." Rachel rambled.

"Just shut up." Fuck me. I am incapable of being nice to anyone for more than a few hours.

Rachel took the lead, with me behind her and Gar behind me.

We were crouched behind a fence and arguing about how lax security was when Gar dropped out of the conversation completely.

Before I could turn around, I felt something pierce the skin of my back and it felt like from the point it hit, fire was enveloping the rest of my body.

The last thing I saw before passing out was a stick hitting Rachel's spine and her crumpling to the ground.

So, I actually had (Y/n) and Rachel interact in this chapter. Next chapter we'll get into some pretty interesting stuff, and even though Rachel isn't in it as much, I think y'all might like it. (r430193554, it's about the stuff I couldn't tell you when asking your opinion for the Dick Grayson AU)