[8] THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE... AND IT HURTS

Scene: Car park. 

(Dr Mitchell is walking to his car. Gavin (warlock) is there.)

Gavin: Excuse me, are you Dr Mitchell? Dr Oliver Mitchell?

Dr Mitchell: Yes.

Gavin: What a pleasure. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this.

Dr Mitchell: Excuse me but have we...

Gavin: Met? I'm sorry, only in print. I've read your work. Your studies, specifically on cell degeneration are ahead of their time.

Dr Mitchell: You're very kind.

Gavin: No really. It's fascinating. You've become kind of a hobby of mine. I found your article on the mutant retina gene to be particularly intriguing.

Dr Mitchell: But I haven't even...

Gavin: Published it yet? Don't worry, you will. And you'll help to find the vaccine.

Dr Mitchell: The vaccine? Against what?

Gavin: Against this.

(A laser beam comes out of Gavin's forehead and burns a hole in Dr Mitchell's forehead.)

Scene: Movie theatre. 

(Prue, Piper, Poppy and Phoebe are waiting in line. Phoebe's holding a magic 8 ball.)

Phoebe: (Reading the 8 ball) "Ask again later." Hello, vague. How am I supposed to plan my future without a little direction?

Prue: You, who can see the future is now looking for a magic 8 ball.

Phoebe: My visions don't help me remember.

Piper: I've got an idea. Why don't we ask if Prue and Andy will get back together.

Prue: Oh, Phoebe, please don't.

(Phoebe shakes up the 8 ball.)

Phoebe: Ooh... interesting.

Piper: Very.

(Piper's pager beeps. Prue tries to look at what the ball says but Phoebe shakes it up before she can see it. Poppy smirks.)

Prue: You are cruel.

Piper: I forget what a day off feels like. That was my boss, Martin. I have to get back to the restaurant.

Poppy: You're kidding?

Piper: There's a convention in town and business is just crazy.

Phoebe: But you worked a double shift yesterday and the day before that. He's working you to death, Piper.

Prue: I thought that you were gonna talk to Martin about this weeks ago.

Piper: I never got around to it.

(She gets out her cell phone and dials the number.)

Phoebe: Well, tell him to stuff it. Tell him you're taking the night off and that's that.

Piper: I know, you're right. I will. (On the phone.) Hello, Martin. No, I know what you want but ... okay, no that's not a problem. I'll be right there. (She hangs up.)

Prue: Wow, you told him.

Phoebe: Beware of the wrath of Piper.

Piper: I will talk to him... eventually. I gotta go.

(She walks off.)

Phoebe: Wait, Piper, I'll walk you to the car, it's safer.

(Phoebe follows Piper.)