[9] THE WITCH IS BACK

AN: Hope everyone has a safe Christmas. Thank you for 500 reads. Hope you enjoy. 😊

Scene: Salem, Massachusetts, 1692.

(A key is used to open a cell door in a jail. Melinda is there. Matthew walks in.)

Melinda: Matthew.

Matthew: Hello, Melinda.

Melinda: Why? Why did you betray me?

Matthew: You got what you deserve.

Melinda: So you've never loved me? All the passion, all the heat?

Matthew: I had to make you trust me. It was the only way to share your powers.

Melinda: And so now you have them. So why would you turn me in? You know I'll burn.

Matthew: I had to keep my secret.

Melinda: Well, you can keep your trinkets too.

(She pulls off a locket that was around her neck and throws it at him.)

Matthew: I'll find another witch to give it to.

(He opens the locket.)

Melinda: Maybe not.

(He takes out a little piece of paper and it catches on fire. He throws it on the ground.)

Matthew: What magic is this?

Melinda: I'm taking back the powers you stole from me. "Outside of time, outside of gain, know only sorrow, know only pain."

(It gets really windy and Matthew gets sucked into the locket.)

Scene: Bucklands. Prue's office.

(Rex puts some jewellery on Prue's desk. He picks up the locket and tries to open it. Prue walks in.)

Prue: Rex?

Rex: Ah, good morning, Prue. I've, uh, left a few things for you to catalogue. A marvellous shipment from an estate back east.

Prue: I'll get right on it.

Rex: Thanks.

(Rex leaves. Prue sees the locket and picks it up. She opens it. The door slams shut and Matthew comes out of it.)

Matthew: At last, freedom. The world has changed. What time is this?

Prue: Excuse me?

Matthew: Where am I?

Prue: Who are you?

Matthew: Matthew Tate, and if you freed me from that locket you are descendant of Melinda Warren. (He walks closer to her and she uses her power and he flies across the room.) Thank you.

Prue: For what?

Matthew: I tricked you into using your power on me. Now, I have it. (He uses her power and a chair pushes her against the wall. He then disappears, she runs in the middle of the room and he appears behind her.) Behind you, witch.

Prue: How did you do that?

Matthew: I can share your power but you can't share mine.

Prue: What do you want?

Matthew: I want what Melinda took from me. I want all four powers back. (He grabs her.) Defend yourself. Stop time.

Prue: I can't.

Matthew: Ah, so you're not alone. There are others. (He disappears and appears in front of the desk.) And the family name is now Halliwell.

Rex: (from outside) Prue, are you okay in there?