burst of jealousy ~Ruke~

HAHA I JUST GOT THIS IDEA AND IT HURTS MY HEART SO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SUFFER WITH ME AHASBIDASIDB-

The band was enjoying their day off by being lazy in the studio, yes it sounds unproductive but when you're practicing almost 24/7 you appreciate a break even more. Alex was on a beanbag, Reggie was sitting on the floor (because he's Reggie), and Julie, and Luke were sitting on the couch. At this point the two were open about liking eachother, but really didn't put a label on it.

They were all in the midst of a random conversation when Luke pulled Julie gently into his side, fitting her head easily into the crook of his neck. Which quickly turned Julie's face into a shade of red, Luke looked back at her for a second and smirked, but then quickly went back to the conversation. Reggie watched this happen and was immediately met with a weird feeling in his stomach. He sees them flirting with eachother all time, why was it different now?..

Maybe it's just because he thinks of Julie like a sister, so he's protective?

No, it's not that.

He knew he was just going to tire himself out thinking of this, so he just decided to let it go.

Everytime after that if Luke even just simply messed with her hair, he would get this weird feeling, it was starting to become more visible that something was bothering him.

'You should be happy for them.'

'You're being selfish.'

'Why do you make everything about you?'

'God, why are you like this?'

These thoughts were swarming into his head, and wouldn't leave. Reggie didn't want to listen to the thoughts but was it true..was he being selfish to his friends?

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Alex who touched his shoulder.

"Hey, Reg you okay?"

"W-what? oh- um yep i'm great!" He put on a fake smile, that's what he always did, always faked how he was feeling for others. Reggie is a generally happy person, but when he's not happy he feels the pressure to act like he is, to pretend for the people around him's benefit. It was exhausting.

Alex looked at him for a second, trying to make sure he was telling the truth.

"Reggie..let's go outside to talk."

"I-okay, fine."

The two both poofed outside and Reggie faced the ground. He didn't want to explain this to Alex, I mean, how was he supposed to explain his feelings to him when he doesn't even understand them? It was all so confusing.

Alex stared at his friend for a second, he then said, "Look, dude we kept calling your name and you wouldn't answer. It was like you were in a trance or something..what's wrong?"

Reggie looked up and released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Would Alex be mad if he told him what he was feeling? He swayed back and forth anxiously, until he finally spoke up to say something.

"It's just that..I was feeling some things that I don't know how to explain." Reggie messed with his hair, looking back to the ground, then finally back to Alex.