Your Savior has Arrived

As Peter's alarm went off the next morning, he felt his heart fill with dread. Today was the day he would be embarrassed, ashamed, and probably exposed to his teammates by the people at Avenger's Tower. He hated that he couldn't have stopped this trip from coming, but it's hard to argue with Tony Stark.

    He reached over, ready to snooze his daily 7:00 A.M. alarm, stuttering for a moment when he felt paper instead of the plastic button. Groggily, he lifted his head off the pillow, picking up the sticky note that he discovered.

    Hey Pete, I went down to help Dr. Banner with the Vision problem. I'll see you later. - Shuri.

    Right, the "Vision problem." Peter recalled the previous week when Dr. Banner had brought it up to him. Having an Avenger wear one of the most powerful stones in the galaxy was a really risky move. If they could somehow remove it, the stone could be moved to a much safer location.

    Shuri had brought up the idea to connect Vision's nerves on a molecular level, letting him keep the powers the stone gave him. It was a brilliant plan, but one Dr. Banner couldn't do without her help. She would have to visit his trip later, he was afraid.

    Swinging his legs over the bed, Peter reluctantly got out up. It was stupid really, that he would have to go all the way to school just to drive all the way back home. But it was the only way to insure no one questioned his living situation or association beyond being "Tony Stark's Intern."

    When he got to Midtown High, he waited outside the building with the rest of the Acadeca team. Since the field trip would take up a majority of the day, it was silly for them to attend their morning classes. He rubbed his eyes, trying to stay awake after staying up watching movies with Shuri again when an annoying voice called out to him.

    "Yo Penis Parker!"

    Peter groaned, turning around. "What Flash?"

    "Can you introduce me to Black Widow? Since you're an intern you should be able to contact her right?" asked Flash sarcastically.

    "And why would I do that?"

    He turned away from him, not wanting to deal with Flash's questioning so early in the morning. Luckily, Ned had spotted him and was making his way over.

    "Don't listen to him. Mr. Stark will prove that you have an internship by the end of the day."

    "Tony isn't going to come down from the upper levels I doubt we'll see him."

    "Oh come on, just give him a call! Prove Flash wrong!"

    "I don't know if I want him to. Let Flash have his fun, I don't want him to go from hating us to trying to befriend us to get to Mr. Stark."

    Ned shrugged. "It would be cool though."

    "It would..." Peter agreed. "Oh, I totally forgot. Shuri's in town, she said she'll come down and say hi."

    "Awesome! She was so nice when I met her. Do you think she'll remember me?"

    "Will who remember you?" said a voice from behind the two boys. It was MJ.

    Ned began to fidget with his hands, something he always did when he got nervous. "J-Just Peter's friend from Wakanda. Why?"

    "No reason... Wait, how do you know people from Wakanda?"

    "Through the internship," Peter clarified, afraid to let Ned talk much longer.

    "You deal with international people? You're an intern, not even a PA deals with that kind of stuff."