chapter 8

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

      The sun shone bright as it casted its rays down onto the destroyed, burnt campsite outside of the Quidditch World Cup stadium. Birds were chirping as people began to wake up from their slumber, all of them trying to get rid of the horrid things and events that had happened the day before.

Harry Potter woke up first out of the children. His eyes squint open as he looked around him, the realization that yesterday was, in fact not a dream, hitting him. He looked around, his vision blurry and unclear as his hands reached out to his sides, hoping he'd suddenly feel the cool wire of his glasses brush his fingers.

After a few seconds of his hand aimlessly looking to his side, he felt the metal wire of his glasses brush his fingertips as he slowly reached his hand out to gently grasp the thin wire. He picked up the glasses and gently placed them onto his face before he rose his finger to his nose, pushing the center of his frames up so that his glasses would rest comfortably on the bridge of his nose.

His eyes remained slightly squinted as he now saw perfectly clear, his eyes darting around the tent as he looked at all of his friends asleep. He scanned his over the sleeping bags which held everyone in them, a small smile coming to his face as he watched everyone, their faces content and peaceful.

His eyes scanned his surroundings for another moment before he decided to get up and out of the tent for a stretch.

The boy slowly and quietly made his way out of the sleeping bag, being sure not to wake anyone in the process. He rose from his position on the floor as he stretched his arms up and out above his head, small cracks and pops coming from his body. Harry groaned slightly at the feeling as his arms fell back to his side, a yawn escaping his lips.

He quietly made his way away from his sleeping bag, Ron still fast asleep next to him, snores leaving his mouth as Harry had to contain his laughter from the noises coming from the redhead boy. The boy looked away from Ron across the tent to his cousin, a serene and calm look on her resting face. He slightly smiled at the scene, happy to see her so peaceful before he turned to the exit of the tent. He slowly made his way over and out of the yellow tent, the sunlight hitting his eyes as they adjusted to the brightness.

"Ah, Harry! Good morning!"

Harry turned his head, a wide smiling spreading across his lips at the sight of Mr. Weasley and the oldest brothers sitting around a campfire on a log, the four of them making breakfast.

"Hello, good morning."

Harry made his way over to them as he took a seat next to Bill Weasley, throwing him a small smile. The red-haired man threw him a smile back as Harry turned back to face Mr. Weasley, the five of them conversing among each other as the rest of the kids woke up.