Chapter 2 - Unrequested Date

Dinner was quiet that day. Donna was trying to pull something out of Katya, but the girl just nodded and gave the smallest, most fake smile ever. Trixie was still scared of the new girl, who hadn't shared a word with her since the sauce-in-the-jacket incident. Although Katya already hated the girl, she was struggling not to compliment the delicious dinner she had prepared. She hadn't had a supper this good in years.

''I'm gonna go to my room, thanks for dinner.''  Katya said, standing up and avoiding eye contact with any of the people at the table, especially Trixie.
She moved so fast that Donna didn't even get the chance to say 'good night'.
A few hours went by as Katya texted her friends and cried over all the parties she was missing. She even got a text from an anonymous source with a picture of her ex with a new girlfriend.
''Motherfucker.'' She whispered to herself.
Katya was just about to send a very angry text to her ex, when she heard a knock on the door.

''Come in.'' – she said, wiping the tears of anger away.

And then enters a shy, blonde and rosy-cheeked Trixie, with a cup of tea on her hands.

''Are you okay? I can come back later...'' the taller girl said when she noticed the mascara smeared all over Katya's face.
''It's fine, I'm...fine.''

Trixie approached the other girl with caution, blowing off the steam that was coming out of the little floral mug. Katya didn't take her eyes off of her for a second, which made Trixie a little uncomfortable, but she sat on the bed next to Katya anyways.

''Listen, I know we didn't exactly meet in the most...pleasant circumstances, but...I saw how upset you got and I really want to make it up to you. I brought you some tea...It'll make you feel better. It's strawberry.''

Katya analyzed the girl for a few moments. She was actually really nice. Katya took the mug on her hands without saying a word and just before she could take a sip, she received another text from that anonymous source with another picture of her ex with the new girlfriend, kissing on a pool. Suddenly, Katya remembered everything bad that had happened to her in the last 24 hours. The breakup. The talk with her mother. The exhausting trip. Trixie spilling tomato sauce all over her. Her anger escalated so fast, that she just did the first thing that came to her mind.
Trixie was covered with strawberry tea from the top of her head, to the insides of her yellow Converse shoes. Katya was so angry she couldn't even laugh at her own mischief. She just watched as the girl stood up and desperately whined due to the hot temperature drink that had just been thrown all over her.

''I'm sorry. I didn't see you there.'' – Katya said, trying to have fun.
''Why would you do that?'' – Trixie said, her voice trembling.
''Don't worry, it'll come off, it's just a stain.''
''Why do you have to be so mean? That was an accident!''
''So was this. Accidents happen.''

Trixie took the empty mug out of Katya's hands and stormed off. Katya kept trying to find some joy in what she'd just done to the other girl, but the brief air of fun vanished from her mind in a second. She didn't regret doing that to Trixie, but deep down she knew it wouldn't make things better for her. A few minutes later, Donna entered the room, looking apprehensive.

''Katya, I'm gonna ask you to give me your phone.''
''I didn't bring my phone. My mother...''
''Your mother told me you would say that. She knows you stole it back. But rules are rules, sweetie. Please, give me your phone.''

Katya reluctantly took her phone that she shoved under the pillow and gave it to Donna.

''Now, Trixie told me that she tripped and got tea all over herself. She's a good girl, but I know she's lying. Listen, I get that you're angry. I know everything that happened to you back home. But behaving this way isn't going to make things better, Kati. You're a smart girl, you know what I'm talking about.''