Chapter 7 - Tough Times

When the car left with Katya, Donna rushed inside to Trixie's room.

''Pack your bags.''
''What?'' The girl was crying, sitting on the floor.
''Pack your bags, I bought you a plane ticket right by Katya's side. The flight is not until 8PM, hurry before your grandfather comes back.''
''Grandma what's going on?'' Trixie stood up, confused.
''I've never seen George react like that before. I got scared and just played along with him. Trixie, I've always known that you liked girls. And I love you no matter what. You're my baby. I heard you talking to Katya before she left, I know you love each other. But if you stay here, eventually you will end up falling for another girl, and I don't think being around your grandpa is safe. That's why I want you to go to Boston,  with Katya.''
''Grandma...I love you so much!'' Trixie hugged Donna, sobbing.
''I love you too, Trix. And I'm really gonna miss you, but you have to be somewhere safer for you. I know you'll be happier there. And you can come visit us on the holidays, George will come around eventually, he loves you very much. He just needs time.''

Trixie and Donna packed Trixie's bags, two very old bags that Donna only used twice in her entire life. Donna called her cousin, Beth, to give Trixie a ride to the airport which she kindly agreed on doing.

''Trixie, this is Beth. Remember when you were 14 and I told you about a cousin of mine who married another woman?''
''I do, yes! Nice to meet you, Beth!''
''Nice to meet you, Trixie! I wanna hear all about your story with this girl Katya on our ride to the airport. I love a good old teenage romance.''

xxx
''So, that's pretty much everything.'' Trixie said, squeezing Katya's hand.
''Trixie...you have no idea how much I'm in love with you right now.''

Trixie smiled at Katya, holding her hand as their plane started to move.

''Holy shit, what's happening?'' Trixie squeezed Katya's hand as hard as she could.
''Baby, calm down, the plane is just moving. You've never been in one before?''
''Really, Katya? I'm from the countryside! I've never left Wisconsin.''
''Sorry babe...Look, just calm down, it's gonna be fine. The plane is gonna ride around for a while until we get to the airport runway, where the plane will departure. You're gonna feel a little pressure on your chest, but it's normal. Just relax on your seat and hold my hand, okay?''
''Wow...you must've been to many planes before, right?''
''Yeah, a few.''

The plane departed, and Katya held Trixie's hand the entire time to calm her down. It could be stressful to be on an airplane for the first time, Katya knew that. A few hours later, they arrived at Boston. Oliver, Katya's family driver, was waiting for the girl at the Arrivals lounge.
''Miss Katya, your mother didn't say you were coming with a friend.''
''Well, I am. This is Trixie, she'll be staying with us.''
''Well...hum...okay. You should probably call her.''
''Geez Oliver, why you're being so annoying?''
''Just...call your mother, miss.''
''I'll be right back Trix.''

Katya went to a quieter place on the lounge to call her mother. Trixie and Oliver awkwardly exchanged a few words, before noticing Katya returning from the phone call, pale.

''Baby, what happened?'' Trixie asked putting a hand on Katya's shoulder.
''My dad...''
''What happened?''
''He...got in a pretty severe accident. He died...''

xxx

''Mom?'' Katya said entering her house with Trixie, and looking around.
''I'm in the kitchen, sweetie.''

Sweetie. Katya's mother never called her sweetie, except when she wanted something from her. The girls walked to the kitchen and Katya's mother was sitting in front of a man in a suit.

''Hi Katya...and Trixie, apparently.''
''Mom, is it okay if she stays with us for the rest of the summer? It's a long story...''
''Yes, it's fine'' the mother sounded like she couldn't care less. ''Katya, this is your father's lawyer, he has his testament. We read everything, and there are some things he left for you...''
''Mom, I...I am really tired. I just got here. After almost two months away. You told me OVER THE PHONE that my father had DIED, and now all you care about is reading a fucking testament to me? Honestly, I don't give a fuck about the things he left me.''
''That farm hasn't taught you anything, huh?''
''See, that's where you're wrong, mom. It actually taught me a lot. For example, what real love looks like. This...is not love! You didn't love my father and you don't love me either!''
''Could you guys excuse us for a moment?'' the mother asked Trixie and the lawyer.
''You can go to my room if you want to, it's at the end of the hall'' Katya said to Trixie, who picked up their bags and went upstairs.
''Katya, sit down please.'' The girl obeyed. ''I don't want you to ever think that I do not love you. Because I do. You're my only daughter. I am sorry.''

Katya had never heard her mother apologize to her, or tell her that she loved her. The girl's feelings were mixed, and all she could do was sob.

''Mom, I'm in a relationship. With Trixie. How do you feel about that?'' Katya said in a slightly provocative tone.
''Honestly, I...''
''You don't care?''
''I want you to be happy, Katya. I know I'm not the best mother in the world, but I'll try to be. Thank you for telling me. On that matter...I'm also in a relationship. He's name is Kevin and he's a doctor. He's very kind. I told him about you, he can't wait to meet you.''

Katya smiled. Her mother looked genuinely happy. She was right when she pointed out that her mother didn't love her father. He didn't love her either. Katya's mother told her that her father was also in a relationship with another woman, and that she insisted to attend his funeral. ''It's gonna be awkward'' Katya thought, but she honestly couldn't care less.
After talking for a while with her mother, Katya went upstairs and was caught by surprise when she saw her room completely clean and organized.

''I got bored so I cleaned up here a little bit...Is that okay?'' Trixie asked.
''You are the best girlfriend in the world.'' Katya walked towards Trixie to kiss her.
''So...we're girlfriends then?'' Trixie smiled.
''Do you like that label?''
''I love it. And I love you.'' She kissed Katya again.

The girls sat side by side on Katya's perfectly made, king size bed.

''It's a pretty big bed for such a small girl, I have to say''
''What can I say, I like big things. Like your ass, for example.''
''You're rotten!'' Trixie laughed and threw a pillow on Katya's face.
''Oh, so you wanna fight?'' Katya hit Trixie with a pillow.

The girls had a full of laughter pillow fight, that quickly turned into making out. Katya was on top of Trixie, kissing her lips, cheeks, neck and collar bones.

''We have to make it up to you after the crappy birthday you had.'' Trixie said, while running her hands through Katya's hair.
''We really do.''
''Katya, don't go to bed late, you're father's funeral is tomorrow.'' Katya heard her mother's voice from the first floor, which totally ruined her mood.
''I'm sorry Trix...I...''
''It's okay honey. Let's just take a shower and go to bed.'' Trixie said, placing a kiss on Katya's forehead. ''It's been a long day.''

Katya thought that showering with her girlfriend would turn her back on, but all she could do was cry over the loss of her father. They weren't that close, but he was still her father. Trixie knew what it was like to lose both parents, even though it was many years ago, but she understood what Katya was going through.

''I'm so grateful for you. I love you so much, Trix.
''I love you too, baby.''

—————

Hey everyone! I know this chapter was a little shorter than the others! The story will end on chapter 9 or 10, so yeah, it's almost done! I really hope you're all enjoying this sweet little short fic of mine 🧡