The Attack

16th of February 1923 : The Valley Of Kings

The moon's rays peeked through my woven tent as people awakened to the sound of camels bellowing. Being hired as a spy was not the ideal job. I was threatened by some secret organisation, that if I didn't steal the treasure of Tutankhamen my life would be over. So now I am acting like I'm an archeologist waiting for Carter to enter the burial chamber where Tutankhamen lies. I didn't want to be included in a planned heist but if I didn't it would be the end of the line for me. In a split second a loud bang comes from the distant hills and we heard an explosion. What was happening?!

I jump up and grab my gun from under my bed and pull up the blanket. It was the soviets. Their footsteps were as loud as thunder. I looked out my tent and noticed that the Soviets weren't coming for us, they were running and passed us towards the regions of Qift! Everyone working on the worksite came out of their tents to see a cloud of dust as the Soviets ran past us. People ran around hiding from their site. Did they not see us? As soon as they were gone people receded from their panic and returned to their tents.

I rolled out of bed and got dressed into my clothes. While I'm walking out of my tent Carter comes up to me. "Sleep in did ya?" Carter exclaimed over the noise. " Yeah after the Soviets I was tired." Carter froze after I said that word. "Sorry." I apologised. He walked away. As soon as I realised what I had done I regretted what I just said. I ran over to him. "Sorry." I said. "It's okay. I've just had bad memories with them." He explained. He told me that when he was younger the Soviets had held him hostage until he told them where his Mum was. I felt sorry for him so I left him and walked up to the hills.