The Tomb

Carter and I walked up to the steps and emerged into the room. The engravings in the sandstone were unique and amazing. I couldn't stop thinking about the architecture of the tomb. The columns held up the sandstone ceiling engraved with ancient writing and pictures. " It's beautiful isn't it." Carter said as if reading my mind. " Yeah the detail is amazing. Sorry about this morning." I explained what I was thinking about when I said it. " No it's okay." After that we didn't speak until we got to the Burial chamber.

It was magnificent! Tapestries surrounded the walls coating them with stories and colour. The sarcophagus of tutankhamun laid right in front of my eyes outlined with jewels and riches. He must have been treated like a king even after he was infected with gangrene and then dying at the age of 19. I couldn't believe how the tomb was still holding up. The columns that held up the ceiling must have been holding a lot of weight because of what is on the earth now compared to all those years back.

Suddenly the weight of the shotgun in my pocket got even heavier like signalling me it's time. It wasn't loaded with bullets, it was loaded with a drug that would make him forget what happened today.( At least that's what they think will happen). I could hear the commander of the spies saying " You have to wait for the perfect moment." The time was now. "Carter, since you are the leader of this adventure, why don't you have a first look at the treasures that are around the sarcophagus?" I said trying to persuade him. " Fine but you guard the door from any nosey workers." Carter whispered.

He walked over to the treasures around the room as I pulled the gun out of my pocket. He turned around. "I should have known Tobey. You want to steal my treasures. Go ahead shoot me, I dare you!" My hands started trembling. I couldn't do it, I thought to myself. It was for my family though. My index finger tightened on the trigger. And then it shot. BOOM! The bullet came out at the speed of light hitting his leg. He fell to the ground. Just as the leader told me, " He will fall to the ground. Where you shoot will turn slightly purple. That is just the drug coming into effect. Once this has happened you must smuggle some treasure."