Chapter 16; bathroom stall

Ethan's pov

It's been almost two weeks since Mark broke up with me. Even though we were never together so I guess he just stopped talking to me.

Things were way weirder now. When we had to present our project, I could barely get any words out. Thankfully, our video explained everything we needed to say so I didn't embarrass myself too much.

It did make me sad to see how close Mark and I were when we filmed that. I don't think it was noticable to my classmates but I noticed a lot of the subtle flirts we passed back and fourth.

I think Mark did too, but he was a lot better at hiding it.

It was also weird in art, because Maddy often sat with Finn, so I had to sit next to Mark.

He never said anything to me, just looked at me sometimes.

I pretended I didn't notice, but I did. It weirded me out, and made me miss him at the same time.

He did it during lunch too.

Sometimes I'd look up and see him starting at me.

Like right now.

"Earth to Ethan?"

I look up at Mika. "Yeah?"

"I was talking about prom? Are we matching outfits or what?" Mika says trying to jog my memory.

"Oh, uhm," I could feel Mark's eyes on me.

"I think we're doing a theme thing for the band."

"Well Finn and I are doing purple and black. You're welcome to join, if you want." Maddy offers, picking at the good on her tray.

"I might take you up on that offer, but I'd hate to be the third wheel."

"Well I'm wearing an all black suit, so you could go off that." I say to Mika, standing up.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom,"

I walk out of the cafeteria, mostly to escape Mark's stare.

I decided to go into the bathroom anyways.

After wasting time in the bathroom, I walk out, deciding to check the computer room to see if Tyler, Bob or Wade were in there.

Tyler and I started becoming good friends lately because we had the same math class and he helped me with the homework.

I thought it was empty at first, because the way the room is built, at the entry door you can't see the whole room.

I was about to leave, but I heard someone say something, so I peeked my head around the corner.

I saw Mark..kissing some random girl.

I ran out of there before they could say anything to me.

I didn't want to go into the cafeteria, because I was on the verge of tears, so I go into the bathroom and duck into a stall.

This hurt worse than when Mark ended whatever was between us, because at first I thought it was just him trying to convince everyone else that he liked girls, but after that I wasn't sure what to believe.

After I cried for God knows how long, I tried to look as close to normal as possible.

^^^

"I think we're all here," Oliver says looking around the room.

Today the "band" was going to get together and start planning our things, suggesting songs.

So far it was just me, Lily and Oliver.

"Is it technically called a band if there's only three people?" I ask them jokingly.

"I don't really know. I just like singing." Oliver shrugs.

"Okay so we have two songs. We could practice those or find some different ones." Tilly says.

One of the songs Oliver and I wrote and the other one Oliver and Tilly wrote together.

"Well..I was thinking after we perform our last song, that I'd sing one of my own? I've been working on one for a while." I suggest.

"That's a good idea. So we could practice for today and maybe meet up at Oliver's place to finalize things?"

"Sounds like a plan,"

"What's your song called, Ethan?" Tilly asks me.

"I think I'm gonna call it..Heather."

*********
MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎄🎄🎄