13.

2011
August 19

Janet

I was in the kitchen making snacks for the kids because they were watching a movie and knowing them they will be calling me in two minutes asking for something

Toni had stepped out about an hour ago to do something she didn't specify, but I'm glad she got out of the house cause we've all been suffocating in this house for a couple of weeks.

I finally finished their snacks and began to walk to the living room, but there was a knock at the door, which soon turned into banging. I sat the plates down on the table and went to answer the door.

"Can I help you- Justice? The hell is wrong with you? Where's your key?" I asked but she ignored me and pushed past me dragging Kobi along with her.

"I need- uh... we need to go down the police station." She said pacing back and forth raking her hands threw her head.

"For what? Is Anika okay?" I asked walking over to her.

"Yeah Anika is great. Toni not so much." She said stopping to look at me for the first time in weeks.

"You look great by the way ma, better then the last time I saw you. Your pregnant aren't you? You're glowing just like with the twins! Oh my god! Congratulations!"

"Justice focus what's wrong with Toni?" I said taking a seat on the stairs.

"She was arrested for assault... she called me out of nowhere not telling me where we were going and we ended up going to the studio. I knew she was trying to do something because she was basically sprinting to get inside. I walked in after her and she was talking to some guy-"

"Jermaine." I sighed. "Fuck! Justice listen stay here with the kids I'll go get her."

"No! We are both going so get the kids and let's go, but before we go why the hell did she do that? I mean you should've seen her she damn near killed him. If they didn't rip her off when they did she wouldn't strangled him to death. I didn't get a good look at him before but shit I wouldn't be able to tell who he was after either."

"I don't want to tell you what happened lets just go, yeah?"

"It's okay you can tell me in the car. KJ KAM let's go!" She picked Kobi up and walked to my car, and KJ and Kam both came walking to the door.

"You guys ready to go get mommy? Yeah let's go." I said closing the door behind us and walking to the car.

I didn't even tell my therapist about being raped, barely told Toni, my mother doesn't even know, and now I have to tell Justice?! She'll be in jail next.

"So why did she do it? What was the reason?" Justice asked after we pulled off.

"I'll tell you when we get back to the house I just need you to calm down. He probably won't want to press charges, so Toni will be fine just gotta get her ass out of here."

"You think this gonna get out? Like what if they release the security footage or someone recorded or something? What are we going to do?"

"I don't know probably tell the truth that she was arrested. I mean it's not much we'd be able to say or do honestly." When I pulled into the parking lot I saw Toni standing outside.

"At least she's dressed like a normal person for once." I hadn't noticed her attire earlier but now it all made since why she changed into a white tee, sweatpants, and tennis shoes.

Justice had gotten out of the car and sat in the back with the kids while Toni hopped in the front seat.

"Janet-"

"Thank you." I said cutting her off. I wasn't mad about what she did I was actually grateful and appreciative.

"What?! Now if that was me you would have had my head on platter! All like some thank you, whoever it was could've put her ass in jail, leaving you raising these kids until whenever." Justice said in disbelief but I had something for that ass.

"Justice you wouldn't be able to do anything like that because-"

"Shut up, don't say it."

"Say what? What's going on?"

"Mother I'm warning you!" I started to laugh and rolled my eyes, I'm pretty sure Toni already knew anyway because she's her mother, but it's fun seeing her get angry.

"You're going to be a grandmother again babe." I said looking at Justice threw the rear view mirror.

"Oh I knew that already." She said waving me off. She I told you, a mother knows.

"What you about four months? Something like that right?"

"Yeah four months in september." She said rolling her eyes and sitting back against the seat.

"Okay well since we spilling secrets, mama you pregnant?" Justice asked with her eyes narrowed.

"Yeah I am but I'm not that far along so please don't tell anyone."

"Yeah I understand. Can we get something to eat while we're out cause I haven't eaten all day."

"I bet you haven't you out here beating niggas up and shit."

"Aye this was for a good reason better be glad I didn't call Janet's brothers or his ass would've been dead. Shit he would've been dead if y'all didn't pull me off of him."

We ended up getting chipotle and chick-fil-a and watching a movie with the kids before they went to bed. I thought Justice was ready to leave as well but she had other plans.

"So now that the kids are sleeping what's up?" She said looking from me to Toni.

"You wanna tell her babe?" I asked leaning against the fridge.

"Uh I think you should tell her it's your story."

"He raped me Justice." It was best that I keep it short because I had never said this aloud before and I didn't want to cry about it in front of them.

"What? What?! Is that why you didn't say anything to me about it? When was this?!"

"Couple weeks ago but I'm fine now I'm getting better, I'm doing better."

"Are you sure? I know how this feels and it took me along time to be fine or get better." When she said that I was taken aback, it made me want to hug her and never let go.

"I'm sure going to therapy is helping me a lot especially because I go everyday, but enough about me, are you ready to go home?"

"No I think I'm gonna stay here for a couple days. I'll have Anika come get Kobi." Justice said walking into the living room.

"Well that went better than expected." I said to Toni while grabbing a water.

"Oh fuck!"

"What? What's wrong?"

"I forgot filming starts tomorrow morning at ten."

"That's fine we'll still be sleep." I said shrugging my shoulders. Toni came behind me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I have an idea. Why don't we film this pregnancy? Being that it's our last baby and we've never done anything like this before."

"I think that would be fine."

"Really?! Oh my I didn't think you would want to."

"It is our last and I think we'd break the internet and reality tv if we did."

"I think I can break something even better if you'd let me." She said whispering in my ear gently biting it.

"Oh yeah? Come show me."

____________
hey! any comments?! 🤸🏽‍♀️ (not edited!!)