Silence

Thomas Sanders enters the world with one side present so far. That side being Anxiety.The Mindscape just being a black void besides the ever growing Galaxy around Anxiety.

The first few years were nothing but discovery for the pair. Anxiety having no one to raise him so he quickly became discovering his powers as a side to survive.

The pair at this time could sense each other and feel the other's emotions. Anxiety was the one aware however. He realized that the food he ate was zapping energy out of Thomas or his host. The one he wants more than anything to protect.

So Anxiety ate very little to no food at all. Just enough to keep himself alive but severely malnourished. He also only used oral hygiene uses when Thomas was so that he wouldn't feel random stings or aches across his body.

Anxiety also didn't form a room or house for himself. Or any land. He only formed a pillow and blanket for himself to sleep in the void of a mindscape with so Thomas could use his brain to the fullest without strain. Also all medical supplies needed which was storages in pencil case in Anxiety's backpack.

However all this sacrificing for Thomas came with a heavy price. Until Thomas grew aware of him, Anxiety would be completely alone. Also since Anxiety did his best to shield Thomas from troubling thoughts or what comes with anxiety and depression. The black void became filled the thoughts and emotions of fear.

So Anxiety was soon being heavily tortured by the black void as its being filled with his anxiety, worries, despair, loneliness and desperation to his situation and protecting Thomas. This was also both physically and mentally.

Since Anxiety also can't enter the real world without Thomas being aware of him and summoning him. He was trapped in the void. His only protection being the Galaxy surrounding him. That was also the only light source which gave him vitamin D.

The Galaxy may have protected him physically but not mentally. The taunts and insults only grew louder and more playful with Anxiety or their victim. Their victim who cannot escape. Their victim who hears every single one of their jeers.

Also Due to the low vitamin D, Anxiety's skin grew a soft fair pale. To the point that it became a permanent change that separated him and Thomas. Anxiety's height also shortened to due to the malnourishment. Anxiety quickly began losing sleep due to the mental torture. Nightmares plaguing him constantly.

Also Anxiety's hair soon became an inky black due to the void. Also his blood becoming black as a black hole as well. Soon enough his tears were no longer a salty hot liquid. It was the sting of his blood coming out his eyes.

The void also severely heightened Anxiety's senses to make the verbal torture physically painful as well. That also causes days of sensory overloads where Anxiety's senses would go haywire.

Soon enough Anxiety became very weak that Thomas dreams pulled him to the Mindscape. Where he could finally see Anxiety in his fullest.

————————————————————————
————————————————————————————————————————————————

Thomas sat in a white space opposite to the inky black void that Anxiety is trapped him. He was in confusion however. None of his dreams were like this. So vivid and real too.

Thomas may be five but he's always been the smart child. Also very talented as many would say. His parents being heroes as many would say.

They always taught him to be kind and generous to others and what they could give to others. So Thomas would do anything he could to help others and make them smile. As that would make him smile too.