➳ 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘵

—1985—

‪"It's not my fault you don't like girls!"‬

Ouch. Those words. Those 8 words echoed in Will's head as tears started streaming down his face.

That's it. He couldn't take this no more. Will quickly got on his bicycle, biking away in the pouring rain. As he was meters away from the Wheelers residence, he could hear Mike's voice calling for his name, but he didn't care to even look back. He's over it.

Will arrives at his house, barging in, and eventually locking himself in his room. Until he heard a knock. A voice. A voice that he didn't want to hear ever again.

‪"Will! Will, I'm sorry man, alright? I was being a total asshole! Can you please come outside and we'll talk?"‬

Bullshit. Will thinks. I'm sorry, man? Man? How do you want me to forgive you if you keep calling me those stupid names? Don't you get it? I like you, more than-

‪"WILL!"‬

His thoughts were cut off as Mike barges into his room, holding a chair, breaking the door wide open; meaning the knob has been destroyed. Mike's eyes widened as he sees Will, hugging his legs up his chest.

Mike immediately put the chair down, running over to his poor little bestfriend.

"Will, shit, are you okay? Are you hurt—"

‪"Bullshit, Mike!" Will yells, pushing Mike's wet hands off him. Mike himself was soaking wet from the rain.‬

"What—"

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Will mocks his bestfriend. "You keep asking me the same shit everytime! It doesn't seem real anymore!"

"What are you talking about?"

‪"You obviously know what I'm talking about, Mike." Will sniffs. Mike looked at him, with a confused and concerned expression attached on his face. ‬

"You need to stop acting like you care for me. You only care about Eleven. It's like you've forgotten about our friendship. About us."

"That's not true!" Mike exclaims.

‪"You don't even seem to care about what I feel right now. I've been through a lot—yes, you were there for me, but that was once. You changed when she came back. You have completely forgotten about me, and you don't care about my feelings anymore!"‬ Will yells as tears kept streaming down his face like the river falls.

Mike stared at him confusingly, hoping that Will didn't mean what Mike thinks it means.

‪"Y-your what?"‬ he stutters, staring into the smaller boy's eyes.

"My feelings, Michael!" Will yells as loud as he could. "I have liked you since the day I laid eyes on you! But you never noticed because all you care about is Eleven! She ruined everything! The both of you destroyed everything!"

‪Will breaks down as Mike reaches for him, hugging him tight. Mike was shocked—really, really shocked. How come I never.. knew this? He thinks. His bestfriend for eight years has had a crush on him since day one but he never found out. How? How? Was all Mike could say in his head.‬

‪"Will.. I'm sorry.." Mike placed his bare hand on his bestfriend's head that was buried in his chest. Will wanted to push Mike away, but he couldn't. He was too exhausted from crying, from everything. He's always wanted Mike's touch, Mike's presence, and here it is. Why would he let go of it now that he's gotten it after six months of being ignored by him?

‪Mike buried his nose and lips on the top of Will's head in between his hair. The words that the younger boy has told him wouldn't stop echoing in his head. ‬