04: The Lake

04 :: THE LAKE

"I've been waiting to get into the lake water for so long. This better be worth it." I express excitedly as our group walks towards the lake. Today is the recreation day where we can choose to do what we wish, I watch Amber trudge besides Jungkook.  She occurred to be perfectly fine this morning and briefed us that it had indeed been dehydration and the stress of being away from home that dazed her last night. I'm just content she's alright and hopefully, today would help her relax. 

"We needed this trip." Jimin agrees, walking beside me. I don't fail to notice the slight severity in his expression, but I don't point it out. Jimin was the toughest nut to crack among us, he certainly speaks about how he feels but most of the times; he conceals everything so well. 

"Where's Jennifer?" Jimin questions to Jungkook who was walking ahead―leading us to the lake. 

"She said she wanted to have a swim alone for a while." Jungkook replies. He has a black vest tank top on with swimming trunks, his arm occupied as he lugs the bag which contains our clothes and food while his other hand is wrapped around Amber's wrist. She has a massive habit of wandering off. And it's a Jungkook thing to hold onto his friends― he gets extremely over-defensive when it was upon to us.

I adore that about him. 

"She has this weird aura about her. I mean it's like she dislikes me." Amber complains, moving around her hands animatedly.

"Amber, I think it's the other way around, darling. You haven't really spent much time trying to talk to her either." I try to reason but she passes me a glare over her shoulder.

"Well―" She stops mid-sentence which makes us all stare at her, anticipant. 

"What's wrong?" Jimin halts in his steps too and this time I follow his gaze to the lake. It's splendid, but it wasn't the crystal clear water that shuts them up, it's Jennifer

"Wow

"Wow." Jungkook breaths out as Jennifer continues to wrap a towel around her porcelain smooth but naked skin. 

"Oh hey guys." She grins before grabbing her clothes and walking towards us. I stare at her holding back a smile, "That's your alone time?" 

She winks my way, "It was refreshing." 

"Bet the fishes enjoyed it." Jimin grins as I shove his arm. 

"We're sorry for intruding." I apologize as she shakes her head, "It's all good, I'm just going to go and put on my bathing suit and join you guys? If that's okay." She waits for me to speak, her eyes narrowed innocently and I nod instantly. "Of course, we'll wait." 

I can't help noticing from the corner of my eye; Amber shifts uncomfortably. 

Jennifer's gaze deflects to Jungkook whose eyes don't seem to lift off of Jennifer's neckline which was draped with the creme towel, "You don't look so sorry, Jungkook." She asks, with a snooty smirk splaying on her lips. Jungkook finally glances up at her. "I'm not. I happen to enjoy the nature." He winks at her before brushing past her and towards the lake.