𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

INTRODUCING...
PROLOGUE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AMIDST THE SUNSHINE GLISTENING down onto the watered grass is a young woman gazing the horizon with a questionable look as if the universe will provide an answer. She used to believe it did when her spirit was that of a seven year old who would be excited to be in the presence of a Jedi (sometimes two!) and her aunt. It would be like a whisper of the wind that would instruct her ways to swim by a passage of wonders. Unfortunately, that spirit has begun to die out within time. War is unimaginably cruel in every aspect; homes are destroyed, friends are lost.

The Clone Wars ended once the Empire begun, but that did not ensure them safety for around the galaxy any Jedi visible were hunted down. Nowadays, only a few remain and Variné is glad to say that she knows of some herself. The Empire is now gone as well, though, she knows that there are others trying to rebuild the little of what is left. Stormtroopers are scattered among different planets and becoming their obnoxious selves with another alliance.

Variné knows this information as a fact seeing as despite no longer being an active spy, her continuous charm of working (and fighting) her way through people allows for gullible information to enter her ears. For example, she knows that their current interest lies on the planet of Arvala-7. What that interest is? She is not sure, but it is not her intention to purposely let them gain whatever it is they desire. Call her petty, but she hopes to ruin their plans at any chance she is available.

"I do not understand why you must always wander off," sighs Pooja Naberrie. The middle child of the Naberrie's turns around to glance at the woman beside her. Her sister is wearing a fresh gold dress complimenting her body and soul. A datapad rests on her hand while she is most likely organizing future set of requests for laws. Politics was never necessarily the call that Variné grew interest in unlike her Aunt Padmé and younger sister.

(Though, Queen Kylantha appointed the two sisters to work together among the Imperial Senate which assured Variné to be stuck learning all of what was said).

Despite being the youngest, Pooja grew an interest rather quick to being a Senator even though she did not agree with the views of the Empire. Unfortunately, to keep their head in place, that was all she was able to work as. While the two of them share the same determination and structure of face, Pooja and Variné could not be any more different.

             "I fear that I have not yet found my purpose," Variné answers quietly, tilting her head downward in a position to glare at the grass rather than the skies. Her words are the truth that she still has not figured out. With the size of the universe, it is most likely that she serves no impactful purpose; however, there is something in her system that is telling her that she still has not found it. Not yet, she assures herself.

             Pooja turns her head toward her and smiles gently. "What if it is with us? Help expand the New Republic with our cousin's help," Pooja suggests, her hand grabbing Variné's own. Two different colors are staring right at each other; one appearing a green filled with nature and life, the other a honey-dipped soil with nurture and hope.

             "I will help whenever you need it, but we both know politics was never a dream of mine," Variné reminds, squishing her hand in order to reassure her sister that they are okay. Pooja gives her a pointed look which makes the older woman laugh. "That was different. Vader had been interested me. For the longest time, I knew not why... now we do. Either way, I took advantage of that situation meaning in order to play the role, I had to become a politician."

             The youngest Naberrie nods in understanding before grinning. "Mmh, I don't know... you were a pretty convincing politician," Pooja teases. The two share a similar smile before a cloud of seriousness fell on the younger one's expression. "What will you do?"

             The light within the planet of Naboo seems to brighten after the question is asked. Variné takes a look at the waterfalls miles across. It glimmers under the vibrancy of the sky; a reminder that the beauty may have been tarnished, but not completely destroyed. The benefit of living in Naboo even during the establishment of the Empire guaranteed them protective barriers— not because Emperor Palpatine had been a part of them, but rather for the reason that under the mask of Darth Vader had been someone both recognizable and not.

             Variné takes out a familiar rectangular device and holds it out toward Pooja. Her sister leans closer to take a better look. She does not take it, but a knowing and confused expression grows on her face. Variné allows for her hand to sweep past the device as if she is cleaning off the dirt. There is a hardened expression on her face clearly showing her distaste.

             "I was in the planet of Nevarro," Variné begins quietly. Pooja straightens up with interest and motions for her to continue. "Stormtroopers still surround the area. I found one nearby me and they were conversing with another member— I think they belong to the Guild. Any who, I overheard them mention that their leader—"

             Pooja frowns immediately. "Leader? Are those idiots still serving under a ghost?"

             "Unsure as of now," Variné answers quickly. "As I was saying, their boss is interested in something only one of these can track."

             Her sister nods for a few seconds before she glances at Variné with suspicion. "You took down the two of them, didn't you?"

             Variné grins in accomplishment. "How else did I get it? I sure am not working for the Guild. Taking down Stormtroopers is rather relaxing," she points out calmly.

             Silence falls onto the two of them. Sisters with different incentives in their lives. One is determined to help form the New Republic with peacefulness as she tries to establish what their cousins help start. A sort of apology for having not been there for years believing them to be dead. The older of the two (since Ryoo is the oldest) hoping to find herself along the way in the question of the universe.

             "You're leaving already, aren't you?" Pooja murmurs out her last question. Variné smiles gently and gives a pointed nod of agreement. In an instant, the younger woman embraces her sister warmly and presses a kiss on top of her head. "May the Force be with you, Variné."

             "And with you," responds Variné all the same.

             Unbeknownst to them all, Variné Naberrie's life would finally find a purpose. It all begins with a small mission which somehow expands to something more. There was always caution with being a Skywalker (she is not one, but her cousins are deeply troubled), but maybe some of the trouble nonsense had also spurred because of the blood of Amidala.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
i barely began writing this book, but variné absolutely owns all of me.