Chapter 4

Jack and Cheio were in the store when Jack was gonna buy ice cream with the money Cenne gave him but as soon as Cheio got to know that Cenne had given this money to Jack, he refused to spend that money. When Cenne asked Cheio why he didn't let Jack buy icecream from that money he said that I did not ask for money, I asked for ice cream, I won't take it like this.  So Cenne asked Jacey if she would buy Cheio an ice cream on her way back from the evening classes. She agreed but didn't buy him ice cream instead gave him the money. Cheio after a while sent Cenne some screenshots. It was a chat between Cheio and Cenne's cousin Ben. Cenne felt so shocked. She had lost contact with Ben many months ago. She couldn't see those screenshots clearly to understand what they chatted about as she was using that site on the web and it wasn't opening those screenshots. She had begged Cheio so many times to send her those again and all of them but he did not send them instead he made her beg and then blocked her.

                 Some more time passed when she was half allowed to go outside. She hanged out with the same girls that her parents didn't like. One evening they were sitting on a bench in the park that was still under construction. Right in front of them was a bench on which a guy was sitting, he was on his phone and the girls were gossiping about Cheio and his friend, Jack. Jack was three years older than Cenne. He would continuously ask her to come and meet him at the bench on the top at eight in the night. Her answer was always no and she never even considered meeting him. After somedays, that guy, they saw on the bench a few days back texted Cenne, saying "Hy". Jack told Cenne not to talk to her. She said okay and even if Jack would have not said anything to her relating to this, she still wouldn't have replied to him.

                 One evening when she was coming home and was just outside her house, a little girl that lived on her street came to her saying that her cousin is here from another city and she wants to meet you. Cenne remembered her a little, they used to play together a few years back when she had come here to live with her aunt in the summer vacations but she did not remember her name so she asked that kid, "What was her name?" She replied, "Mary." Cenne told her that she will come by her house in a minute. She went into the house and told her mother that the girl she once used to play with a few years back is here and she wants to meet her so can she please go? Her mother said okay. When she went outside she saw her, Mary was just by her height. They talked and talked. It had been so long since she last met her and she liked her so much. They talked about trust and friends and she really liked the way she thinks. They went to the store to get some snacks. On the way back, Cheio and Jack followed them and on the last turn that lead to their street, Cheio said loudly," Do you use ***** website?" Jack replied, " No! I don't use it." and they laughed and Cenne took the turn. Mary didn't know they were talking to Cenne but Cenne knew. After half an hour, Cenne and mary again went to the same store but from another route. They passed by the guy who texted Cenne and Jack. They stared at the girls both times when they were going to the store and when they came back. Cenne used to hang out sometimes with Mary but most of the time she was with her other friends. One evening when Cenne was walking with her friend, Jacey, Cheio had another boy with him and he said to Jacey that you look good in yellow. She blushed but she was hiding it from Cenne and Cheio both. The next day, Cenne went out with Mary but her dad asked her to come with him as they had to buy some stuff for Cenne but as soon as she came back she went to Mary's Aunt's house to take Mary out. Before that Cenne met Jacey outside her house and she told her that "Mary says that we're so scandalized, Has she seen herself?" Cenne asked, 'What happened?" She told Cenne that Mary was talking to Cheio in the park. Cenne didn't believe her and went to Mary. Mary told Cenne that a guy came to her and said, "Hi, I just came here to tell you that you guys should not hang out in this park late when it gets dark. It's not safe here, rapists and druggers reside here at that time and tell this to your friend too." Cenne became alert.

                Cenne started hanging out more and more with  Mary and another childhood friend of hers, Zoe. At night, they would go in the park, reside in the swing set, and put on songs on Mary's cell phone. At the same time, Jacey and Maple would hang out with Cheio in the southwest of the town. He told Jacey that he really cares about her. he said he wanted to help her in her studies. He held her hand in his and told her that I really like you and gave her a flower. Before going to meet Jacey, Cheio and Jack would come to the park where Cenne would be and try to talk to her. One night when Cenne was sliding down the slide, Cheio came in front of the slide, standing there he looked at Cenne, and Cenne sitting at the end of the slide. She got up quickly and jumped sideways and went to the front of the swing set. When Cenne jumped sideways Cheio said to her, "You were gonna buy me ice cream, dude." She didn't say anything and just went away. Jack said to Cheio, "Let's go. We're gonna get late." Cheio went with Jack and Cenne knew perfectly well where they were going. Her face went pale.