Chapter 1

Flashback:

"And with the swing of her staff Azura and Hectate defeated the true villan!"

Young Luz made voises and hand motions to visualy describe the book both her and Amity loved so dearly. That book was the first thing they bonded over, and they main reason they became friends.

"Pfft! Your such a dork Luz!" Young Amity lightly pushed Luz on the shoulder causing the Latina girl to laugh.

"LUZ!" Luz's mother ran into the room grabbing her arm. "We need to go now!" Camilla headed towards the door before being stopped by Luz pulling back.

"What's going on?" Luz looked up at her mother with pleading eyes. "Luz?" Young Amity stood behind the girl, her face filled with confusion and concern.

"Luz we dont have time for this. Their closing the portals and were going to get stuck here if we don't leave now!" Luz's eyes widened trying to comprehend what she heard.

Camila was stopped by being pulled pulled back by Luz. "What about Amity!" Luz pointed to the girl behind her who was only confused and sad.

Camilla picked Luz up walking out of the room. "She'll be fine. This is probably just a drill..." Luz kicked trying to get out of her mothers arms to run back to her dearest friend. Though Camilla was filled completely with guilt she knew this was best for her daughter. And with that they left. Leaving behind a confused and distraught 14 year old Amity blight.

End of Flashback:

"Move up!" Luz's commanding officer whisper yelled to the entire troop, making hand motions to the back.

That was 6 years ago. Luz was now invading an enemy bace, following every order she was given.

Her troops had gotten a source of information saying that the war was almost over, all they needed was to take down a few baces. The source of information had also said what night they would be short on reinforcements due the the raid they had gone on only a few days before.

They were ducked in some dry grass hiding from any spotlights that could find them.

The wind was cold, it brushed agaisnt Luz's nose turning it slightly pink. Luz was in the army crawl position, gun in hand. The moon was high in the sky lighting their targets positioning.

The Latina girl slowly inched further heading up to the bace. There were five other people with her on this mission. This was a time ment for stealth, so they cut down on troops to hide our infiltration.

The building they were heading onto had two floors atleast 9 broken windows only on the front of the L shaped building.

Her and her crew stood up in a crouched position, taking cover behind some barrels beside the back door.

Luz's commanding officer moved his hand up, pointing to the door to show this was the point of entry.

Luz stood at the side of the door waiting for her que to go in.

In a matter of seconds the door was breached and she headed in, gun up. Three enemy's were positioned inside, Luz shot down one while her crew shot the others.

The inside of the building was cold, dark, and dusty. The only kind of things they had to hide behind were boxes, ripped couches, and metal barrel's.

The six moved up aiming their guns around every corner before continuing.

Luz knew where they were heading.

The boiler room.

They were going to blow this place to the ground.

Shouting could be heard behind them, knowing that forces found the body's.

Luz's Pov:

I ducked behind a couch at the end of the long hallway. We all knew that a gun match was about to begin.

Fires came from the enemy side, hitting the wall behind me chipping off cement.

I shot back pressing my side against the cold wall in hopes it would give me cover.

I looked to my left to see a first year in the war stand up to shoot, only to tip over and fall on the ground.

'Somebody just got shot! Is anybody going to help them? Is anybody a doctor, or at least somewhat medically trained?' I was pulled out of my thoughts by my commending officer grabbing my wrist.

"We need to get to the the boiler now! If were not going to blow it then this mission was a fail!" I couldn't help but think that he sounded like my mother that day the portals closed.

I could say that, that day was the worst day of my life. After all that's what lead my to being drafted into this mess.

I stood up running around the corner with my squad, running downstairs to what I assumed to be the direction of the boiler.

Opening the door in the bacement revealed a large metal canister. This is what we came here for. We were going to shoot this thing as blow this place to smithereens, hoping it would end this horrible war.

Luckly for us this thing would only ignite if touched by fire.

Gunshots were still heard from upstairs making me wonder what they were shooting at. 'Did they not see us leave?'.

My commander shot a bullet through the metal, making a loud ding noise followed by a thump.

"Let's move!" I followed my squad up the stairs through the halls and out the building. We ran through the dry grass heading to the pickup point.

We had left somebody behind. I didn't know if they were still alive, ir we left them because they were slowing us down, but I only had one job. And that was to follow the orders of my superior officer.

The gas must have reached some sort of flame, because the building soon lit up and was consumed by fire.

We ran up a hill one by one, and soon the helicopter came in sight.

Me and one other soldier stood by the sides of the helicopter, guns up. We were taught to do so while the other got on the plane, then we would follow pursuit after.

The helicopter took of in the direction of our bace. While the other 4 celebrated a successful mission, I thought about the soldier we left behind. That person had a family. And now they'll never got to see them.

I was fed ul with this was and I just wanted to go home.

Little did I know...

Not proof read