ii. A Disaster.

Vol I,             Chapter II

JACKIE has never felt so embarrassed in her life. Walking into school with the worst headache known to man was already bad enough, she didn't expect her cheerleader friends to pounce towards her as they did ─ demanding if she was really in Keith Matthews car and if she really puked all over Richie Forman's shoes. She couldn't believe it. This was all very real. It wasn't some horrible dream she had the previous night. It felt everyone was gossiping and chattering about how Jackie Burkhart couldn't hold her drink. Whilst Jackie is quite a fan of attention, she wasn't so fond of appearing stupid or dull-witted  ─ she was anything but those things. 

She couldn't possibly leave things the way they were with Richie. Sure, they hadn't exchanged a ton of words before the incident but the mere thought of him being disgusted by her almost made her shudder. 

            "Jackie!" Kelso calls, hanging his head out the car window for any sign of a chirpy brunette bounding from the front steps of her front door. It seems the brunet was incapable of being impatient given he'd only been parked in front of her house for less than two minutes. 

          "Wait, Michael! God," with an exaggerated groan, Jackie's head falls back into her room from the open window before allowing it to shut with a bang! sending the sudden gushing of wind through the pink coated space. 

Gathering her things, Jackie darts towards her bedroom door in a rushed yet elegant manner. She spots her father by his chair reading what seemed to be a newspaper, with eyes so fixed, screwing every inky word that follows the other, she was certain he barely even noticed her sudden appearance. Her vivid, stylish skirt flutters with each gentle step she takes, complimenting both her beauty and her amazing taste in style. Jackie places a small hand on her father's shoulder, jolting the older man from his intense reading session. She'd never seen somebody so engrossed in a piece of text. 

With a kiss on her father's cheek, and with the swift hold of her mini handbag, Jackie's out the door in seconds, holding a special treat that practically makes her boyfriend's mouth water at the far away sight.